Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Jedman67
Photoshop Wizard

Default Jed's Super Deluxe Uniform Thread

Figured id start a new topic for this. I may not be able to post all my images right away, so id better start by explaining:
About 3-4 years ago, i got into poser as a way to do simple 3d since i wasnt (and still arent) in the mood to learn it properly; and i liked cool stuff. I noticed that Warrior had made a set of Starfleet Uniforms and characters for poser 4 here, and being somewhat of a trek fan, i decided to give it a whirl. My first foray into texturing (ive been a photoshop geek since high school - Photoshop 5.0!!!) was, in my opinion then, a success. While they were certainly popular (i made them for the V4 bodysuit) looking back, i can only say that they were horrible. Then about 2 months ago, i was browsing through some of my old stuff, still hosted on ShareCG, when i came across a request, by our very own Fretslayer, to make a Star Trek II uniform for Daz's Michael 4 figure. This time, i did it right, and made sure the texture and bump worked properly. while not perfect, the uniform ended up coming out quite nicely for his production, and the addiction started all over again.

I decided to make a DS9 uniform set, as well as a Starfleet Cadet uniform from DS9:"Valiant" utilizing the texture maps created by Paul Smith, Grant Watson, and George Haze. The quilted pattern is bump-mapped, so it is not perfect, but a whole lot better than anything other than normals or displacements (which im not so good at).

Coming up next is the Star Trek XI uniforms, although that may take a while and interfere with work. The link to download the uniforms is here: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/Jedman67, and pictures are below:

Last edited by Jedman67; May 17th, 2010 at 01:10 PM..
Jedman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #2
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Jed's Super Deluxe Uniform Thread

Looking very good ... solid work all round

hope to see more soon

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #3
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Excellent work. Looking forward to seeing more.
Tenement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #4
Jedman67
Photoshop Wizard

You can check out the Trek Builders forum on Daz3d.com - thats where i have more details of my stuff.
link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2279139#2279139