Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old July 25th, 2002, 06:07 AM   #1
starforce2

Default need help-anyone with some spare time wanna get in on a mod project

I need someone who has max4 and is familiar with conversion to .nif format with tga for textures that use alpha for glow. I do have max 4, but it wont do me any good as I am unable to figure out how to reapply a texture to a 3ds after I've changed it from bmp to tga. I just cannot get it to work. I am converting models I get from people I know in the SFC and armada communities (so all 5000 poly or less) over to BC, and could defenetly use someone on my team who can convert, otherwise my team is dead in space with no ability to change these models, and I cannot understand these tutorials...I'm hopeless with max, it's too complex.. please help...

(bc requires the max 3.1 version of nif, so 2 options, if you're quick at applying textures, you can take the max4 scenes and change them to 3ds and convert them in 3.1, or use branburry's nif4tonif3 converter...don't ask me how that works iether...no understanding of that crap)