Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old November 8th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #31
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, LR has a passing knowledge of Trek. I knew exactly where you were going, it just wasn't funny.
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:57 AM   #32
wulf111
Shuttle Pilot

LOL thanks for the warm welcome everyone i am sure i will fit right in with you all
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #33
gmd3d
Admin

Well!! you have the measure our humor don't worry it only get worse

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #34
morganzacd5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
Well!! you have the measure our humor don't worry it only get worse
(Reviews all the threads he's worked with)
Wait... Uh hu... Um, yea, sounds about right
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #35
gmd3d
Admin

yep ..

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old November 8th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #36
wulf111
Shuttle Pilot

well i promised a look at some of my work so here it is

http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=21989
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:42 PM   #37
victor1st

Hey folks

Just joined as im trying to get my Star Trek poser stuff back again after my harddrive crashed
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM   #38
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Ah, the old HD crash. Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt. That's why I back up on CD now. Did you just lose your info or did the whole drive die?
Old November 22nd, 2006, 07:48 PM   #39
AriesDW

Default Hello

Hey folks;

Many of you who was on 3DG a long time ago would know me as Zanith, someone whom once had the reputation amongst many as a 2D starship designer, I was made known through my work of making the Jupiter Project . . .

Anyways, I want to say hello and I hope to see great things happen on this forum!

HELLO ALL!!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:50 PM   #40
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Welcome back, AriesDW. Though, sounds like you were from before my time on this forum, it's great to have you back and I'd love to see some 2D starship designs.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:03 PM   #41
Lee
Completely FUBAR!

Hi there AriesDW, nice to meet you. I would also love to see some 2D starships...

Support the Network: 3D Scifi | Framevoid | Scifi'ers Anonymous | Ejected Core |Wolf Den Productions
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:50 PM   #42
morganzacd5p

Dont knwo ya, but glad to meet ya...
Old November 23rd, 2006, 01:52 AM   #43
AriesDW

Thank you for your greetings. I will have to dig out the old files . . . Who are the big starship designers around here now-a-days?
Old November 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM   #44
BtaraKtahn

Hi!

I joined over a year ago while looking for something (and subsequently had to go to the Colonial Warriors site because I didn't know that all of the BSG stuff was at another location).

After finally meeting the required 5 post minimum to download here, I rather wish that folks would put a little more effort into the Download Descriptions. They tend to only say whether things are Lightwave files but not if they're .PZ3's, neither of which are in big demand in my Runtime.

I haven't found a place to post requests yet, either.

*will post them here, then, since she might have someone's attention on the matter and honestly hopes it's not someone who will get mad and ban her or posting to the wrong forum thread*

Star Trek alien head morphs for Aiko 3.0, Hiro 3.0, Aiko Toon and Hiro Toon; especially Klingon, Bajoran and Romulan/Vulcan, in easy to apply INJ/REM poses. I tried using the V3 Klingon head morphs with Aiko in Poser but that wound up muxxing up her head terribly, and since I don't have the stupid commercial Morph Import thing from DAZ (which I'm under the impression wouldn't work with my luck, anyway), I'm pretty much S.O.L. (and not in the MST3K sense of the word).

I'd do more Star Trek toons if I just had the tools to work with at my disposal.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 07:42 PM   #45
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Have you tried uploading a file? You only get so much space to post your description. Also, some of them were re-uploaded by Warrior after the site got revamped a while back and he had so much to do that he didn't have time to go into lengthy descriptions.

And, welcome to the site.
Old December 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #46
Henglaar

Hullo, all. I'm a 50 y.o. former electronic technician in aerospace with a shiny new VT[4] (and therefore, a shiny new copy of Lightwave), and a shiny new copy of Poser. I did enough work in Aladdin4D on my Amiga to know that I'm not likely to ever be a particularly good artist, but I'm hoping that the more advanced software will be better at helping me hide that. [wry smile]

I've also been aboard Star Trek: Hidden Frontier for lo, these last seven years, and I'm hoping to contribute a little bit towards our final two episodes, mostly in the way of Poser background players. We expect to have a lot of people dashing to battle stations or wounded and needing triage, and there's only so much you can do in front of a green screen in someone's den, especially only working on weekends. [grin]

To that end, I hope to find people who have late-era TNG uniforms for Poser (the ones with the gray shoulders), or can quickly teach a newbie to make his own. Learning how to apply "makeup" for dirt and trauma would be useful, too.

And I'm greenest of the green: it was only yesterday that I managed to get a Poser figure to stop stepping out of her clothes, and even then, her hair seems to sometimes have some difficulty in keeping up with her. I'm also gradually working my way through the tutorial manual, but even for an experienced tech, it's hard to go through the manual when I want to race on ahead. [shaking head]

This is something like my third post, so it will be awhile yet before I can download. And I guess I need to add an avatar to my profile too. My preferred avatar (me in Tellarite makeup) is on my other computer. The one that seems to be increasingly wonky. Well, I'll get it transferred over, or think of something new for here . . .
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #47
BtaraKtahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henglaar
I'm a 50 y.o. former electronic technician in aerospace with a shiny new VT[4] (and therefore, a shiny new copy of Lightwave), and a shiny new copy of Poser.
Well, ain't you all gou shi shiny, now? Glad ya' found your way in from the Black.

Poser's a lot of fun, but it gets to be an expensive hobby very quickly.

Break a leg with that Star Trek episode thingy-doober! (yes, fear my Techno-jargon!)
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:13 AM   #48
Henglaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtaraKtahn
Well, ain't you all gou shi shiny, now? Glad ya' found your way in from the Black.

Poser's a lot of fun, but it gets to be an expensive hobby very quickly.

Break a leg with that Star Trek episode thingy-doober! (yes, fear my Techno-jargon!)

Yep, got back from the Black just in time to learn the Alliance won the goram war.

[chuckle] The same can be said for computers in general; Poser's just better at nickeling and dimeing us to death. [grin]

Yeah, I hope the Boss can use my fearful (uh, fearsome?) CGI talents. If not, well, maybe for our next series, whatever that turns out to be. The last seven years have been fun, but Rob sometimes stretches himself too thin, and I have the delusion of being able to take some of the load off. [wry smile]
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:26 AM   #49
gmd3d
Admin

Welcome aboard Henglaar ..... look forward to seen your work in the future

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old December 21st, 2006, 01:24 AM   #50
Henglaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
Welcome aboard Henglaar ..... look forward to seen your work in the future
Well, if you want to see my existing work as an actor or makeup artist, you could always go over to Star Trek: Hidden Frontier. [grin]

My work in Poser is just at the stage where they don't walk out of their clothes any more. [wry smile]
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM   #51
morganzacd5p

I always hated when that happened during a fitting. But there is just no pleasing some models.
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:56 PM   #52
Henglaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganzacd5p
I always hated when that happened during a fitting. But there is just no pleasing some models.
I had some clever response when I hit the "quote" button, but it's gone now. :-(

At any rate, thank you all for welcoming a newbie to the site. I'm not terribly social, but I'll try very hard to be more than just another data leech.
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:58 AM   #53
Star Dragon

Hey all long time newb ("the silent surfer"). I probably found this site before CF so totally missed the rule of 5 (lol). I checked in about every 6 months (damn they never post anything, what is this an elitist CG board?) Haha.

If you don't recognize the name (you probably will in the future) I am on many boards that involve space sim gaming and 3d modling. (once in a while something catches my attention like jingling keys and I throw a fawning comment out of the blue and then go back to silent lurk mode on sites I am less active on).

I mainly modify a game called Freespace2 and have different levels of involvement in several projects (half are my own). I prefer voice acting due to being relatively easy and very enjoyable to hear yourself in the finished effort. I do however take great pleasure in taking a piece of art an artist have painfully and lovingly created, and "blowing the Poogees out of it"! (cookie for reference).

My interests are all Sci-Fi/Anime/and Fantasy, but I tend to shy away from the less mature or silly ones. (Slayers being the rare exception cause it's more a parody on Fantasy).

Nothing gets me more excited than a Space Battleship or a new Mecha.

Trivia: My name is the Americanized version of Getter Robo G from 1976 created by Go Nagai and brought to America by Matell Toys and Jim Terry Productions for Broadcast in the late 70's.

...I'm a virgo if anyone cares...

Quote: "My God, It's full of meshes!" - What Dave Bowman would say if he were here as I can see them now!
Old January 16th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #54
erico
Shuttle Pilot

I'm new here also. Long time Trek fan, since the late 70's. I'm especially interested in Trek blueprints/deckplans, not sure if I've stumbled into the right place or not but I look forward to looking around.
erico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #55
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Default Re: The Hello Thread

Welcome, everyone!

*is late to the party, but hell... I own the place! *
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #56
knight1550

Hi guys! New-ish here also. Signed up long time ago, and just getting back into the game of 3d. Mostly Poser stuff. Looking forward to scanning the boards more though.
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #57
gmd3d
Admin

Welcome aboard Knight1550 ..

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old July 17th, 2008, 01:53 AM   #58
Lee
Completely FUBAR!

Welcome guys.

Support the Network: 3D Scifi | Framevoid | Scifi'ers Anonymous | Ejected Core |Wolf Den Productions
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #59
Winterhawk

said hello in the other thread but figured I would say hello here as well.
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:21 AM   #60
prijikn

I am new here and I have just join this forum. I am priji from India. Hope that my stay will be happy and I wish have a nice day to all.