Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old October 10th, 2005, 06:11 AM   #1
treklord

3 D CGI FREE Caligari TrueSpace v3.2

This URL is to a form to obtain Caligari TrueSpace v3.2 FREE from the devloper. They e-mail you the serial number after you download the software (23MB). This is a FULL version, not a demo or crippleware. It's a great way to try TrueSpace without worrying about demo expiration dates, etc.
Old October 11th, 2005, 03:21 PM   #2
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

I don't remember if this is allowed, if it's proper and free from the makers then fine, but if it's illegal or sharewarz I'm not sure, this is usually Warrior's region of expertise (plus, not a clue about anything nor no url to look into it)
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #3
treklord

HAPPY The URL is LEGAL

The URL is provided by the company; they curent version of TrueSpace is V6.6. They offer the OLD V3.2 as a means to encourage you to buy the new one. I have seen this done quite a few times by the large software firms.
Old October 12th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #4
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Many of the older versions of tSpace have been given out in just such a way - just like Vue. (You often see 2x and 3x version of Vue out there.) I've seen this done in a number of the mags out there as well, like 3dWorld, Computer Arts and so on. You don't get any support except that which is found on various sites like this. tSpace is pretty nice for a large entry level audience - since 5 came out you see a lot of real top stuff done with it. Skyhawk has done some great stuff and I think he's at 3x or 4x.

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #5
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I'm actually on 6.6 although I started with 3.2. The interface changed quite a bit with version 5.0 so there will be a bit of relearning if you start with the free version and move up from there. However, the basic concepts are still the same.
Hey, it's free
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote