Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old February 26th, 2003, 02:30 PM   #1
Kakaze

Default 'Buffy' Series to End After Seven Seasons

'Buffy' Series to End After Seven Seasons

Email this Story

Feb 26, 3:47 PM (ET)

(AP) Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar, star of the series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," is shown in this...
Full Image

NEW YORK (AP) - Stick a stake in it: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is done.

After seven years, the series will be over at the end of this season, said its star, Sarah Michelle Gellar.

"'Buffy,' in this incarnation, is over," Gellar told Entertainment Weekly magazine for its March 7 issue, her eyes welling with tears.

The series will wrap up with a five-part story, which will include the return of Faith, the bad-girl slayer, and Buffy's first love, Angel.

"We're gearing up to tell a fabulous, huge, great arc," Gellar said. "It's going to be pretty spectacular."

But the show may come back to life in some form: Its creator, Joss Whedon, is planning a spin-off that may include some "Buffy" cast members. It will be pitched first to UPN, "Buffy's" home for the past two seasons; for five seasons before that, it was on the WB.

Gellar, 25, gained fame on the cult hit as Buffy Summers, a perky high school student burdened with the responsibility of killing vampires in the seemingly idyllic town of Sunnydale, Calif.

Last summer, she co-starred with Freddie Prinze Jr., who's now her real-life husband, in a live-action movie version of "Scooby-Doo." A sequel is scheduled for release in March 2004.
Old February 26th, 2003, 03:16 PM   #2
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Awww... knew it was gonna happen. I can't wait for FAITH! FAITH! FAITH!

And hopefully the Mayor will return. But a five part story arc, OMG, this is good news. Bad news and good news. It'll go out on a high and not like X-Files, too far, too stretched.
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2003, 05:06 AM   #3
Trek

Only problem is the Eliza is up for the pilot of another serise.
Old February 28th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #4
moovok

Eliza is appearing in at least 5 episodes, and the last lot
Old March 1st, 2003, 06:17 PM   #5
captmiloman

This show had a great run, considering it was a spin off from a box office flop. Tuesday nights won't be the same. I've said this when Happy Days and Moonlighting ended their network runs on ABC. I've also heard that Willow may jump ship over to Angel.
Old March 2nd, 2003, 08:26 PM   #6
Dark Overlord

Add to this bit of sad news, I saw that it was unlikely that Angel would be returning for a 5th season.
Old March 3rd, 2003, 11:14 AM   #7
Hito
Kokujin no samurai

Where did u see that DO?
I have heard that it is a pretty good possibility that angel would be on for at least one more season?
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2003, 03:19 PM   #8
moovok

I heard a very nasty rumour, and if you don't want it spoilt, don't highlight the spoiler thing, but...

Spoiler
In Season 4, Angel will be killed.