Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old March 24th, 2001, 04:40 AM   #1
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Default Dark Alley

This story might offend people and may contain certain <FONT COLOR="red">violent / gory</FONT c> details. Sorry

It was a dark alley, rather small in conparison to other street alleys. Since there was no lighting, the lights from the opposite side of the road barely touched the corner.

Inside the cardboard box down the alley was a man clutching his only warmth, a blanket. He cuddled tightly to it, with his grey beard and grey hair dangling roughly onto the dirty blanket. He rested his head against the brick wall and closed his eyes.

Suddenly, a rattle of a bottle at the end of the alley awoke him. He opened the flap to the cardboard box and looked out. Nothing, he couldn't see nothing. The wind hit the lid and he shut up, to keep the warmth in.

He closed his eyes again, but the rattle was there again. He took off his blanket and got out of his box. He felt the cold and quickly wrapped the blanket around his skinny body, as he walked deeper into the darkened alleyway.

He got to the dumpster and picked the bottle from the floor. He quickly tossed it into the dumpster and looked around. He bent down to see if there was anything under the dumpster, he could see two eyes starring at him. He smiled and moved his hands over. He picked up the object and looked at is, as it purred. He smiled at the cat and he moved back up. The cat hissed. He quickly moved his head around to see what it was.

The shiny bladed sword came plummetting down and sliced into the man's head. Cutting down like a hot knife into butter. The old man fell down on the floor, leaving the cat to walk away. The sword was quickly pulled out of the man and whiped clean, before being put into the hoster of the dark shadowy figure.

The cat again moved under the dumpster, scared and shook, as the dark figure disappeared into thin air.

----

I don't know whether I should continue or leave it like that. I have a few ideas. Hope you like

------------------
- Mikey
<FONT COLOR="red">Pants To Poverty</FONT c>
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2001, 11:02 PM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

It certainly leaves one waiting for the next installment. Is it a Highlander fan-fic?

BTW, just one little nitpick. When a sword is involved, it's a scabbard, not a holster.

I think you should continue!

------------------
= 3D Gladiators Premier Forum Administrator =
------------------
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2001, 09:09 AM   #3
moovok

I was thinking on a few lines. I've never really thought about doing a fanfic, might think about that one.
I'll try to remember that, I'll redo the story and change the name of the holster

Thanks for that information. I will carry on to maybe a second part, see if people like it. If so, I may keep on carrying on

Thanks

------------------
- Mikey
"The Universe Is Very Gassy"
Old March 28th, 2001, 03:48 AM   #4
Lisa's Secret

I've not seen much highlander fanfic around. Maybe because it hasn't interested me int he past... but then again... whatever.
Old March 28th, 2001, 12:40 PM   #5
moovok

So does everyone want this as a highlander fanfic or something else?

Please tell, so I can write

------------------
- Mikey
Old March 28th, 2001, 01:39 PM   #6
McC
I have always been here.

Methinks ye' ought to write what ye' think ye' should right and not leave it in the hands of anyone else. Writing's an expression of self, not of others

------------------
MC3D II is coming...
"The fools will indeed inherit the Earth--the rest of us are moving to the stars!"
McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2001, 03:25 PM   #7
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Agreed. Let it develop as YOU see fit. I only mentioned Highlander because of the sword, but you could go in a dozen different directions from here.

Just start brainstorming - eventually, the story will almost write itself and we'll all be here to see what arises.

------------------
= 3D Gladiators Premier Forum Administrator =
------------------
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2001, 12:44 PM   #8
moovok

Well, I'm hoping to do some over the weekend.

If I do, I'll post it and see what you think of Dark Alley, Part 2

------------------
- Mikey