Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old April 1st, 2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Space 1999: Eagle sunset

This is an update of a very old image of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eagle Sunset.jpg (85.0 KB, 14 views)
Tenement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2014, 03:55 PM   #2
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Space 1999: Eagle sunset

Nice render Tenement, great seen more Space1999 and the Eagle

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2014, 04:08 PM   #3
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Cheers Gerry!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:22 AM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

*looks in the Gallery cue for new images*

~ahem...~

Lookin' good!
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 04:59 AM   #5
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence View Post
*looks in the Gallery cue for new images*

~ahem...~

Lookin' good!
I've submitted a couple of images to the gallery.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:12 AM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenement View Post
I've submitted a couple of images to the gallery.
I just validated them. (I need to remember to check that more often, like I used to )

Great work on the sunset image. It's always fun to revisit something years later and use skills you've picked up over the years.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:50 AM   #7
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
I just validated them. (I need to remember to check that more often, like I used to )

Great work on the sunset image. It's always fun to revisit something years later and use skills you've picked up over the years.
I haven't done that in a long time but this was a request for a larger print that I had previously posted online. I couldn't just render it again as it was a demo plugin I used previously that no longer functioned so it was back to Photoshop to re create the backdrop as much as possible. I'm simplifying my lighting now, it's mostly with one light and a couple of reflectors with images on them and a lot of radiosity. It's much more time consuming to render (Especially on my computer.) but I'm much happier with the final image. Still got far to go.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM   #8
gmd3d
Admin

your Space 1999 images are proving to be very popular

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:18 AM   #9
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
your Space 1999 images are proving to be very popular
Space 1999 was the first science fiction show that I really got into. (Got into/obsessed...such a fine line.) I liked Star Trek but I was a child of the sixties/seventies, so that meant growing up with Gerry Anderson shows and Space 1999 was far and above my favourite of all of them. Next year is 40 years since the first broadcast in the UK so expect more 1999 images.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Auditor
Fighter Pilot

So my deep dark secret I never saw Space 1999. Sure one or two episodes. but not the show. Always loved the ships and look but didn't get to see it. Always loved Gerry Anderson. So today after checking in here I did a Roku search and found Space 1999 on HuluPlus so I signed up and now the marathon has started.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:57 AM   #11
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor View Post
So my deep dark secret I never saw Space 1999. Sure one or two episodes. but not the show. Always loved the ships and look but didn't get to see it. Always loved Gerry Anderson. So today after checking in here I did a Roku search and found Space 1999 on HuluPlus so I signed up and now the marathon has started.
I'd stick with season one.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:57 AM   #12
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
I don't think it aired as much in the US as it did in the UK. I've only seen some episodes on DVD, and that was just a few years ago after some urging from friends in the 3D community.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:29 AM   #13
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

I'd recommend "Breakaway" "Wargames" "The black sun" and "Dragon's domain" as good episodes to start with.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:34 AM   #14
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

That's one of the problems I had with the series. You had to be choosy with the episodes or there was a possibility you'd wind up watching something really bad. I saw some really bad episodes before one of my friends told me that.

Though, since the series is on Hulu, I may watch some episodes again. (specifically, the ones Tenement mentioned )
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:53 PM   #15
Auditor
Fighter Pilot

Didn't mean to derail this at all. But the art did inspire me to finally watch the show. Always wanted to. I remember I had one friend way back when that had an Eagle. I thought it was so cool. But never had saw the show. As was mentioned it wasn't really big in the US. Although I had a friend later as an adult that loved it as a kid.

My shows growing up were Star Trek reruns... then the game changer at 9/10 years old... Star Wars...which brought on the onslaught of SciFi shows...Battlestar Galactica...Buck Rogers...ect

I can sit through bad episodes of Space 1999. I mean a year ago I watched all of Babylon 5 and its movies.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:39 PM   #16
gmd3d
Admin

always the problem looking back at old shows, but to he honest I like the old ones more than the new ones..

it was something that the lead actor had problems with was the scripts, Martin Landau liked the first year more and liked his cast mates but felt the show was hurt by the scripts.. second year had Fred Freiberger who Landau battled with over the established character of John Koenig, he also wanted to get rid off the top character of Alan Carter who was getting the most fan mail..

Getting back to the image,, it has renewed my interest in watching the show again and I am currently half way through the first season.

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:08 PM   #17
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Apparently, some PBS stations used to show it over here, but what is on PBS varies by individual stations. Apparently, some PBS stations even show Dr. Who, but I've never seen it on in my area.
Old April 4th, 2014, 07:49 AM   #18
Auditor
Fighter Pilot

PBS here (back in the 80's ) showded Dr. Who. Before it became what it is now. As well as Red Dwarf and Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Anyhooo. Enjoying Space 1999. Thank you for inspiring me to finally watch it.
Old April 4th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #19
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

You are very welcome. Love the community spirit of this place.
Old April 4th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #20
gmd3d
Admin

we don't have problems with stations here, there is only 5.. But watching BBC and other UK programs like Space1999, Blake's7, Sapphire and Steel, Dr Who among others.

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old April 4th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #21
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
we don't have problems with stations here, there is only 5.. But watching BBC and other UK programs like Space1999, Blake's7, Sapphire and Steel, Dr Who among others.
We have 5 "broadcast networks" over here; CBS, NBC, ABC, CW and Fox. You can also have some local stations only available in your area, but that's mostly what you have. Then we have PBS, which is Public Broadcasting, which is paid for by member support (donations) and government grants. Since people donate money to make sure it stays on the air, the donators in any given area determine what is broadcast in that area. Unfortunately, that's also the only station that really shows British TV shows besides BBC America, which you only get if you've got a paid TV service. So, whether or not you have shows like Dr. Who or Space: 1999 in your area depends on whether the people paying the bills like Sci-Fi.

The only way to get more than those stations is to pay for TV service.
Old April 4th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #22
Auditor
Fighter Pilot

The game has certainly changed now. Way back when we just had those stations. Had to get up and chang the channel too. Then cable came. Then satelite. Video. DVD. The internet. A now streaming. So now I watch all the bad scfi I ever wanted to I'm talking to you Galactica 1980 and Jason of Star Command.
Old April 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #23
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
We have 5 "broadcast networks" over here; CBS, NBC, ABC, CW and Fox. You can also have some local stations only available in your area, but that's mostly what you have. Then we have PBS, which is Public Broadcasting, which is paid for by member support (donations) and government grants. Since people donate money to make sure it stays on the air, the donators in any given area determine what is broadcast in that area. Unfortunately, that's also the only station that really shows British TV shows besides BBC America, which you only get if you've got a paid TV service. So, whether or not you have shows like Dr. Who or Space: 1999 in your area depends on whether the people paying the bills like Sci-Fi.

The only way to get more than those stations is to pay for TV service.
Our main stations would be like your local stations.. just small fry stuff and very few great shows imo are produced..

In the UK you have so many great shows,, and any great shows developed in Ireland, in most cases some of the cash came from BBC, Channel 4 etc.

There are only 2 shows made by Irish TV that I have any memory of Wanderly Wagon from 1967 until 1982..
I saw it during the 70s as a young-fella possibly never shown out side Ireland,

and

Strumpet City of no interest to people outside Ireland I would say at the time of the Dublin Lock-out.

UK TV had and has much more to offer and Scottish TV too
Tenement would I be correct that you would know of Rab C. Nesbitt seq

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old April 4th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #24
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
The game has certainly changed now. Way back when we just had those stations. Had to get up and chang the channel too. Then cable came. Then satelite. Video. DVD. The internet. A now streaming. So now I watch all the bad scfi I ever wanted to I'm talking to you Galactica 1980 and Jason of Star Command.
Ah Jason of Star Command,, GREAT show.. loved it as a kid,, not seen it in years

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old April 4th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #25
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I've about given up on broadcast shows. I'm liking less and less of them. And, when I actually like one, it either goes to crap or gets cancelled. I liked exactly one show that premiered last fall, and Fox has cancelled it. So, I'm just sticking with the few shows I liked previously and some stuff that's premiered since then, but it's getting leaner and leaner. Also, since I switched from antenna TV to cable last year, I've been finding myself watching more stuff on the History and Science channels than I do fictional dramas and whatnot.

Ironically, the only thing I've even watched on BBC America since I got cable are some TNG reruns. I need to get into some of the shows that are on and see if anything is better than the crap we have over here. (it can't be much worse)
Old April 5th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #26
Tenement
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Our main stations would be like your local stations.. just small fry stuff and very few great shows imo are produced..

In the UK you have so many great shows,, and any great shows developed in Ireland, in most cases some of the cash came from BBC, Channel 4 etc.

There are only 2 shows made by Irish TV that I have any memory of Wanderly Wagon from 1967 until 1982..
I saw it during the 70s as a young-fella possibly never shown out side Ireland,

and

Strumpet City of no interest to people outside Ireland I would say at the time of the Dublin Lock-out.

UK TV had and has much more to offer and Scottish TV too
Tenement would I be correct that you would know of Rab C. Nesbitt seq
Oh yeah, Rab C Nesbitt, River City, Taggart...the classics just don't stop in Scotland. If the aliens ever do come to Earth and our admittance to the galactic Federation is judged by the quality comedy and drama made in Scotland then not only will we not become a member to the Federation but we'll be lucky they don't vaporise the planet as they leave.
Old April 5th, 2014, 01:56 AM   #27
Auditor
Fighter Pilot

I am overwhelmed at the content on Netflix and Hulu at this point. Catching up on old scufi and other series I missed out on Terranova for one. This is all a major change with not having Net or cable for several years.

I luv BBC shows not just scfi I love Midsomer Murders.

Oh and I never had seen Star Trek the animated series much better than I thought it would be.
Old April 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #28
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
I've about given up on broadcast shows. I'm liking less and less of them. And, when I actually like one, it either goes to crap or gets cancelled. I liked exactly one show that premiered last fall, and Fox has cancelled it. So, I'm just sticking with the few shows I liked previously and some stuff that's premiered since then, but it's getting leaner and leaner. Also, since I switched from antenna TV to cable last year, I've been finding myself watching more stuff on the History and Science channels than I do fictional dramas and whatnot.

Ironically, the only thing I've even watched on BBC America since I got cable are some TNG reruns. I need to get into some of the shows that are on and see if anything is better than the crap we have over here. (it can't be much worse)
History and Science channels we are of the same mind on this..

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old April 5th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #29
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenement View Post
Oh yeah, Rab C Nesbitt, River City, Taggart...the classics just don't stop in Scotland. If the aliens ever do come to Earth and our admittance to the galactic Federation is judged by the quality comedy and drama made in Scotland then not only will we not become a member to the Federation but we'll be lucky they don't vaporise the planet as they leave.
Taggart was very good, I enjoyed it at the time.. a real hard nosed cop..

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old April 5th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #30
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:

Oh and I never had seen Star Trek the animated series much better than I thought it would be.
I always enjoyed TAS. some stories are great and I consider it canon while others don't

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs