Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Reference Requests and Submissions
Notices
Reference Requests and Submissions Building a Spaceship and need ref? Maybe you designed something? Then pop on in here and ask about it or share it!

Old November 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Fretslayer

Default Request for a Mesh - DeSanto Cylon Centurian.

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to post it.
I know it's not a refrence but it is a request.

I would like to know if any one of you fine modelers would like to help me with a current animated project.

Here's what I need.
I need a Tom DeSanto Cylon Centurian mk2.
I don't know what is easier - building a whole mesh or creating armour parts that can be parented onto the body of the figure (like a Stromtrooper armour set).

I am not getting paid for the project and I cannot afford to pay for your work and time but I am willing to give a lot of credit in the opening and closing credit sections.

Because I place such value on the work of the modeler I am placing during the opening credits the names of the people who have crafted the major meshes in the film. They are IMO opinion just as (if not more so )important as the people who are doing the voice acting for me.

The story line for the film is really slick and adding this Cylon Centuran into the story will really drive home some of the points.

I've said before that I am not a modeler - and I'm not - I can do just enough to get my basic design across so somebody with real skill can create something cool from it. Because of my limited ability as a modeler I am in real need of some help.

On a side note, if you use Poser I have a massive collection of Poser/Daz/Carrara meshes that I would be willing to trade so I can give something back.

Thanks and all of that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desanto-prod-combatcylon0.jpg (75.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg PDVD_021.jpg (10.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Cylon-cu-in-color_01.jpg (54.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DeSanto_Singer_Project_Cylon.jpg (77.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Fretslayer; November 7th, 2008 at 04:28 PM..
Old November 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Default Re: Request for a Mesh - DeSanto Cylon Centurian.

Colonial Fleets, the sister site of here, handles Galactica stuff.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Fretslayer

Sorry. I only posted it here because I am more familar with the people here.
I'm registered at that site as well but I've never so much as posted a comment.

You can kill this thread if need be.
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

I'm trying to recall if I ever saw the DeSanto Cylon available anywhere. I know I asked Thor, formerly QuantumSS, to do one (and he did, but never provided the mesh).
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote