Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Skelch
Shuttle Pilot

Default Michael 5 Klingon Texture

I don't post here much what little forum post I do put up are usually over at Daz Studio, I feel a little bad about that since this place got me hooked up in the world of 3d art so many years ago, but none-the-less this post should be here first. As I decided to take Darrel's Old P4 Klingon Texture and rework it for Michael Five.

Daz Studio 4.6 The background images was grabbed from a Google image search if it is yours and you object to its use let me know and I will take it down. It is hosted on my Deviantart Page.

Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Michael 5 Klingon Texture

Nice work. The only thing I would suggest is to try and integrate the character into the background a bit more, but that would probably require an actual bridge set. The background looks like a screen grab from the game Star Trek Online, but I could be wrong about that.
Old September 4th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #3
Skelch
Shuttle Pilot

Thanks and I agree totally, this was not so much a "real" render so much as a test and display of the alignment of the bump map for Michael 5 moved from the original bump for P4, done by DL.

I also enlarged this bump map to 4096 x 4096. And it moved so well a testament to how well the original was created.

Now I just need a Klingon uniform that fits Genesis figures and a Klingon Bridge set for Daz/Poser
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

It still looks cool, but it has kind of a "I'm standing in front of a viewscreen" look to it. But, I get that this was just a test. I know I've done a lot of less than awe inspiring test renders over the years.

Having a bridge set and a Klingon would definitely be helpful. Not only would it likely be better quality than that STO bridge, but I'm sure your Klingon would actually sit in the chair, as opposed to hovering over it. (a common problem on STO bridges)

Edit: if there's any way you can convert Lightwave meshes, Taranis has a couple really nice Klingon bridges in the downloads section.
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Skelch
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
I'm sure your Klingon would actually sit in the chair, as opposed to hovering over it. (a common problem on STO bridges)
LOL that is true, I always wondered why the STO creators can not get a simple seating animation correct.
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Actually, given the choice, I prefer them hovering over the chair, as opposed to some of the more "interesting" locations they've wound up. On almost all of the Galaxy class bridges, you have a good chance that some of your bridge officers will be sitting under the floor. Plus, since the Legacy of Romulus release, they're (once again) not appearing on the bridge correctly. I wonder why the whole bridge officers on the bridge thing has been such a challenge for the people at Cryptic for a while now. (I've been playing the game for two years, it's worked kind of correctly for about half of that)