Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old January 21st, 2004, 11:49 PM   #31
valiant_warrior

pmub.. ?
? ..Bump

Valiant.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:18 AM   #32
Sess

Actually, it's surprising the captain got wounded, and not the person running the simulation.

Let's suppose holodeck is real... Inside of the holodeck, the density of the created atoms is very dense, since it's supposed to simulate the pressure and density in deep sea.

Now, as soon as the breach forms, the water will stream out very fast. But only inside of the holodeck, since as soon as it streams out, it dissapears. Compare to the doctor sticking out his hand in one of the Voyager episodes. So basically, the bed of the captain will be "floating" on the fountain for a while. After the pressure has dropped to that of a normal pool of 15 feet depth or so, no water will stream out anymore, and the captain's bed will sink, with the captain, who swallows some water, has to be treated for it, has some broken bones probably, but is otherwise fine.

However, the person swimming around in this deep sea thing, is "dragged out" with the water, SMASHED into the captain's bed, or the ceiling, or any "broken" parts of the floor/ceiling. It gets worse: since the pressure drops incredibly fast (as the water doesn't need to stream out, it dissapears, so the dropping of pressure should go within a second or so), anyway since the pressure drops so fast, the person's suit explodes, injures the person, kills probably. If there was no suit, the person dies because all the carbon di oxide becomes gasious again, and the person dies of an extreme form of diver's disease. His blood boils basically, he explodes from the inside, because gas takes up much more volume than carbondioxide in its liquid form. So he explodes, every little blood vessel, every cell in the person's body explodes. It's a very unpleasant death.

Just thought I'd theorize a bit.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:21 AM   #33
Sess

Quote:
Originally posted by valiant_warrior
Captains Log,
Stardate 59247.5

it's a good thing that none of the crew aboard dislikes bananas..
for the last 3 days thats how everything tasted that came out of the replicator.

i first found out about the problem when i bit into my stake and potato dinner..
i thought i was going nuts untill my first officer hailed me and asked if i noticed something
weird about the food.

End Log.
----------

Valiant.

For that extra little "something", replace "nuts" by "bananas"
Or say that everything aboard tasted of hazelnuts
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:22 AM   #34
Sess

BTW lt. commander hunter wouldn't be JRL3001's RPG character by chance?
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:23 PM   #35
valiant_warrior

i had no idea..
i picked hunter due to several t.v charactors and always loved the sound.
i know it wasn't mentioned but if j3k1 wants me to change the name i'm happy to.

Taking a day off to ask this question..
If ya want me to continue the story, Gimmie a hell yeah ! :P

Valiant.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:41 AM   #36
Proximo

Ok, lets try this... *ahem* "Hell yeah!"

Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:50 AM   #37
Sess

*clears throat,* *yells* *nothing comes out*

*scribbles on a note of paper*: "Hell yeah! Oh and btw who turned the sound off on my hologram?"
Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:47 PM   #38
Commodore-SirJohn
Larger than the
average starship
captain

Okay, I loved the bananas post... and the bed falling through the floor.

As for how it would affect the holodeck, one would think that the feel of water would be simulated by focused forcefields and tractor beams, rather than holographic water. Thus, the bed would not have been held up by the fountain of water.

Just a bit of my own theorizing...
Commodore-SirJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:04 PM   #39
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Hell Yeah!
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote