Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old September 30th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #1
dfalconet

Default October holidays, etc.

October is:......Adopt-a-dog month, Computer Learnin month, National Apple Jack month, National Car Care month, National Clock Month, National Cosmetology month, National Dessert month, National Pickled Pepper month, National Popcorn Poppin month, National Pretzel month, National Sarcastics month, National Seafood month, National Kitchen and Bath month, and Vegetarian Awareness month.

Lots of food this month. Time to store up for the winter you know. Anyone want to have a weigh-in now and at the end of the month? The one who gains the most might win 6 months at a Fat Farm (hehe)

Bizarre October Holidays:

Oct. 1 is........World Vegetarian Day and Magic Circles Day (Please post the results of your magic circle drawing tomorrow)

Oct. 2 is........Name you car day

Oct. 3 is........Virus Apprreciation Day

Oct. 4 is........National Gold Day

Oct. 5 is........National Storytelling Festival

Oct. 6 is........German-American day and Come and Take it Day (?)

Oct. 7 is........National Frappe Day

Oct. 9 is........Moldy Cheese Day

Oct. 10 is......National Angel Food Cake Day

Oct. 11 is......My Party Day

Oct. 12 is......International Moment of Frustration Scream Day

Oct. 13 is......National Peanut Festival

Oct. 14 is......Be Bald and Free Day and National Dessert Day

Oct. 16 is......Dictionary Day

Oct. 17 is......Gaudy Day

Oct. 18 is......No Beard Day

Oct. 19 is......Evaluate Your Life Day

Oct. 21 is.....Babbling Day and GENERAL PHOENIX'S BIRTHDAY

Oct. 22 is......National Nut Day

Oct. 23 is......National Mole Dale

Oct. 25 is......Punk For a Day Day

Oct. 28 is......Plush Animal Lover's Day and National Chocolate Day

Oct. 29 is......Hermit Day

Oct. 30 is......National Candy Corn Day

Oct. 31 is......National Magic Day and Increase Your Psychic Powers Day
........................AND Halloween

Last edited by dfalconet; September 30th, 2004 at 04:12 PM..
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #2
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I think the month should be available for one thing only.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:08 PM   #3
dfalconet

Really? What one thing did you have in mind? Care to elaborate on that statement? :laugh: (just funnin' ya)

Actually those "month" things, even though weird, are real declared times to observe certain things. Almost any organization can request such declarations. There are many more organizations than there are months.........hence multiple things each month. You don't have to observe all of them. If you did, each month would have to be dedicated as "Lose your sanity month"....

Did you track our earthquake of Tuesday? 5.9 at Parkfield, Ca. Within 15 minutes of the quake, there were 11 aftershocks traveling right on the San Andreas Fault itself. We didn't shake as hard here as from the 5.5 of last week....This new one had to traverse the whold Sierra Nevada mountain range to get to us, therefore diminishing it.

How are you hanging in there weatherwise these days?...........Darlene
Old September 30th, 2004, 03:43 PM   #4
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

The 21st is also my 27th birthday.

I guess I'm allowed to babble my way through my party.
Old September 30th, 2004, 04:20 PM   #5
dfalconet

General Phoenix,

Please do, as long as you do your babbling here so we can all enjoy it
Old October 1st, 2004, 05:30 AM   #6
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I would vote for the Sarcastic month.
I did notice that quake. Glad to hear you made it through unscathed. Lots of activity in that region lately. I will be in Oakland and San Fran tomorrow. Hopefully things will be calm. I have no desire to experience an earthquake.
GP: Yes, please. Babble here. We would like to observe that. We can have doctors standing by.
Old October 1st, 2004, 08:59 AM   #7
dfalconet

Skyhawk,

Your choice of the month doesn't surprise me that much. I wonder why?

If you are going to be in the Bay area tomorrow, you must be flying. If so, just before you cross the Sierras, turn to the south and wave to Darrell and I out the window.

I hope terra firma remains firm while you are there. I was in Santa Clara in a 15 story hotel when the La Prieta quake hit in 1989. This was midway between the epicenter and San Francisco. What a wild ride that was!. I may write a story about it sometime to post in "Writers Block".

Any way, have a good trip and soak up some sun if you get a chance. San Francisco can be a little iffy on sun most times........................Darlene
Old October 1st, 2004, 09:05 AM   #8
dfalconet

In honor of October 1:

I drew a magic circle in the ground. I stood gazing deep within it, searching for the meaning of life or something.

Suddenly I felt myself falling! Right into the circle I fell! I see furtive movements in the corners of my eyes and feel weird pricklings at the back of my neck.

I am surrounded by vegetarians! They hate me because I am, after all, a carnivore---But they love me for my mind----It's the only part of me that's a vegetable........................Darlene
Old October 4th, 2004, 11:07 PM   #9
dfalconet

In honor of National Storytelling Festival October 5th

GOLDILOCKS COURT CASE

Supreme Court of Judicature (Forest Division), Regina vs Goldilocks. The defendant appeared on charges of criminal damage to a chair, theft of porridge, breaking and entering, and leaving the scene of a crime.

Following a defence submission that the breaking of the chair had occurred after the alleged entering of the premises, the words "but not necessarily in that order" were added to the charge sheet after the phrase "breaking and entering"

The prosecution alleged that Miss Locks did effect illegal entry of a property owned by Mr & Mrs Bear while the owners were absent, and did illicitly consume a bowl of porridge, the property of Baby Bear, and did also destroy his chair, sleep in his bed and flee out of the window when accosted by the owners of the house.

In a counter claim for damages, Miss Locks produced medical evidence that she had burnt her lips on Daddy Bear's porridge, had injured her back while falling from Baby Bear's chair and was still suffering from shock having been woken from a deep sleep by a group of vicious-looking bears. She maintained that by leaving the door open to their house, the Bears were issuing a prima facie invitation to enter. Mr Hiller Beanz, defending, drew the court's attention to Regina vs Santa Claus in which the defendant had been aquitted on a similar charge on the grounds that mince pies and sherry constituted a de post facto invitation.

Merkin Threadbare QC, prosecuting, maintained that Regina vs Santa Claus did not apply in this case as porridge is neither mince pies nor sherry. Miss Locks had no reason to believe, on entering the premises, that a retroactive invitation would materialise, whereas Mr Claus had good reason by virtue of precedent to expect that the pies and sherry would be there. The defence argued that Miss Locks may have entered the premises expecting pies and sherry. The fact that the invitation comprised porridge did not affect her right of entry.

When called to give evidence, Mr Bear denied liability for Miss Locks' injuries and said he had not behaved in an aggressive and threatening manner towards her. He had been surprised to see her lying in his son's bed but, to the best of his memory, his only words to her had been to ask who had been eating his porridge, sitting in his chair and sleeping in his bed. When asked whether he considered he had a rough, gruff voice, Mr Bear said that was for the court to judge.

Miss Locks was asked why, when first interviewed by the forest police, she denied all knowledge of the Bears' cottage and of all the incidents under investigation. She maintained that this was further evidence of the post-traumatic stress she was suffering. Her memory, she said, was jogged by the DNA tests on a porridge spoon and a strand of golden hair. Miss Locks was remanded for psychiatric reports and a restraining order was issued banning her from approaching with half a league of the Bears' cottage.

This report was brought to you by Craft, the Campaign for Realism in Arboreal Fairy Tales
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:43 AM   #10
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Great story. Must have missed this one in the paper.

CA was great as usual. No quakes and no ash from the north to fly through.
I was sitting on the north side of the plane or I would have waved.
It was nice and cool in SF with beautiful sun on the east side of the Bay.
Old October 5th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #11
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Oct. 5 - National Storytelling Festival

A friend and myself once went to a bar. We had a hidden open can of Chunky's Beef Stew with us.

Once in the bar, after a drink or two and a bit of socializing, we waited for the right moment when no one was looking.

I took the can of stew out, dumped it on the bar, then made an upchucking sound.

Everyone turned around and stared at us.

We both then said at the same time: "Gimme the big chucks!" and started eating the stew.

Needles to say, we heard quite a few more upchucking sounds. I think those were real ones though!
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #12
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

I hope that that never happened in reality. Sickening (funny) but sickening
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #13
dfalconet

Hmmm.....Do I hear upchucking sounds? It is true, I think. Darrell told me about it awhile back. How have you been?.....................Darlene
Old October 6th, 2004, 05:40 AM   #14
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

That...is...Great! I Love It! Maybe I will try that at work tomorrow!
Old October 6th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #15
Lady Di620

well hmm my car is already named. Since it is a show car..and as for the weight gaining thing...lol no money in the world would make me do that. But very cute post.
Old October 7th, 2004, 05:51 AM   #16
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Please share. What did you name your car?
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:31 AM   #17
Lady Di620

The name of my car is "Liberty's Lady" because the statue of liberty is on the hood it can be seen on my profile on aol ctyrhythm@aol.com
Old October 8th, 2004, 09:00 AM   #18
dfalconet

Oct.8th--Anyone eating moldy cheese today or tomorrow should leave a full description of the experience.

General Phoenix,

Being the gormet you are, we have great expectations of your contribution........Darlene
Old October 9th, 2004, 11:00 PM   #19
General Phoenix

Sorry - no cheese today.

However, since it is technically after midnight, I stopped and bought an Angel Food Cake at Wal-Mart on the way home. Sure is tasty - and I'll probably eat the whole thing before I go to bed.
Old October 10th, 2004, 07:58 AM   #20
dfalconet

Maybe you should have bought some moldy cheese to put on the cake. Who knows, you may have invented the newest "gormet" fad
Old October 12th, 2004, 05:31 AM   #21
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

It would have to be one of those stinky European cheeses to really count as gourmet.
Old October 12th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #22
dfalconet

Yes, that is the Height of moldy cheese.
Old October 12th, 2004, 05:54 PM   #23
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

The Green Bay Packers have been playing like they have moldy cheese on their heads...
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2004, 06:25 PM   #24
dfalconet

Oct. 12th:

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh, screeeech, screeeeech!!! Sorry, that's the best frustration scream I can come up with. Not frustrated today. Quite happy actually.

Where is this day when you really need it?.....................Darlene
Old October 13th, 2004, 05:34 AM   #25
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

And the Dolphins have been playing like dead, smelly, rotting fish.
Old October 13th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #26
dfalconet

I guess you would need to wear nose plugs if you went to a game between the Packers & Dolphins. Good thing we can only watch it on smellovision! They have special filters and air fresheners. ................Darlene
Old October 14th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #27
General Phoenix

I'm pretty annoyed about that last Packers game myself. I wear a Favre jersey as I type this, but you gotta admit, ole' Brett throws passes with his heart, not his head. Double or triple coverage? No problem!

But I think that Sherman's playcalling is a big part of the problem, too. They always start the game running, but as soon as Green fumbles (and he WILL fumble) all they do is throw, and it's finally starting to haunt them.

Oh, and a defense would be nice, too...

ANYWAY - I think I've steered this thread way too far off topic, so...
[Egocentric Newscaster]

Back to you, Darlene...

[/Egocentric Newscaster]
Old October 14th, 2004, 12:37 AM   #28
General Phoenix

BTW, I'm sorry to say that I won't be participating in "Bald and Free Day" today.

But my father will be. *L*
Old October 14th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #29
dfalconet

Okay, as long as it's all in the family. Your father can be bald and you can be free. (or will it be the other way around?) Just be careful about it..................Darlene
Old October 15th, 2004, 05:41 AM   #30
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I chose to celebrate National Dessert Day yesterday. Made up a batch of mint ice cream with some cocoa mix and green food coloring. It came out the color of the Hulk, but no matter. The taste is what I was after. The mint levels might be a bit high for some, but that's the beauty of making your own ice cream. Custom flavors.