Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #1
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

POST Star Trek: Dark Territory

One of these days I'm going to get around to whipping up a web site of my own (nothing this fancy, just a little place to call my own.) Until then, I'll just keep posting my stuff around here to get opinions.

Some of you may have seen my primitive Star Trek ship I'm working on. I you haven't, just click on the link in my signature.

Anywho, I started writing a little fanfic to go with the Saratoga, one of the ships in that WIP. So, here's the start of said fanfic. Nothing's written in stone as this is still the rough draft and very subject to change, but here's what I have so far.

BACK STORY ~ Read Me First

The Earth was devastated by its third world war in the year 2053. At the time, the warring nations of Earth were still at each other's throats. After the war, the mighty nations of Earth were in shambles. Loose groups in the east and west banded together for their own purposes. In the west, the UN united as many nations as it could to try to rebuild the Earth. In the east, the ECON united a few nations bent on world domination. In the end, the UN won and, after first contact was made in 2063, it wiped out the remaining ECON forces.

In 2065, the SS Valiant was launched by the United Nations as the first extra-sol ship with warp capability. It was never heard from again. In 2068, the United Nations, with more nations on its side than ever, was renamed United Earth under the guidance of the Vulcans and the United Earth Space Probe Agency was launched as Earth's primary space exploration force.

In 2070, the UESPA space station Cochrane was built as a launching platform for the proposed fleet of ships. In 2073, the Adelaide, the first UESPA explorer was built with a warp 1.5 engine and began exploring. In 2075, the Saratoga was built with an improved warp 1.8 engine to begin its mission of exploration.

And, that brings us to the tale that follows....

Edit: moved down a couple of posts.

Last edited by evil_genius_180; May 20th, 2006 at 02:13 AM..
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #2
gmd3d
Admin

cool I'll give it a read

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #3
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

POST Updated Story

Well, there have been changes. I changed a few things here and there and added a couple more pages.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IntoTheDark.doc (42.0 KB, 1 views)
Old May 20th, 2006, 04:10 AM   #4
gmd3d
Admin

always happens when writing ,, tried a fanfic once and that went through a lot of rewrites

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #5
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yes, the delete key is my friend. I'm just glad I have a computer, otherwise this would be done on paper and I'd probaby have things crossed out and notes written all over it.