Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:18 AM   #1
stscifiguy
Shuttle Pilot

Default A New ship for STAR TREK

A new ship for star trek but, still somehow,,familar,,,,

Last edited by evil_genius_180; February 21st, 2007 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Image removed because of improper credits
stscifiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:23 AM   #2
gmd3d
Admin

Looks good . what class

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:30 AM   #3
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Pretty cool. Looks like one of the NX variants from www.shipschematics.net
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM   #4
morganzacd5p

Must have...
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:51 PM   #5
ghoyle1
Master Pilot

Nicely detailed. Looks very good.
ghoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #6
Starship
Starships are my hobby!

Cool ! Post other views, please.

Personal Site - http://starships.host.sk

My Blog - http://brstarship.wordpress.com
3DS Max user
Starship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #7
Oovebei
DSV Engineer

Looks great - any chance of a forward shot?
Oovebei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 03:59 AM   #8
lwaves

Nice render, the ship isn't covered by a lot of shadow, which is a problem I always find.

Any chance of a shot from the front?
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:18 AM   #9
Kryos

That does look nice and a good variation. The shadows in my opinion are a little strong. If you could lighten them up just a little more, then again it could just be my monitor which is a possibility.
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #10
chrisis1033

Simply beautiful....

I hope you post more pics.
Old February 18th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #11
captainkirk

Looks a bit like the 22nd century Akira-class, it looks good. What's it made in?
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #12
p.s. Cargile
Master Pilot

Looks well designed.
p.s. Cargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:05 PM   #13
ghall

Hmm, interesting. I don't particularly like the design, but it looks amazing. Good job.
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM   #14
etwtewtew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should really include the credits of the original author of this mesh, Andrew Smith..
..for comparison, a render of Andrew Smith's ENTERPRISE_NX01, kitbashes need credits too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andrew Smith's Enterprise.jpg (43.2 KB, 25 views)
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:59 PM   #15
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwtewtew
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should really include the credits of the original author of this mesh, Andrew Smith..
..for comparison, a render of Andrew Smith's ENTERPRISE_NX01, kitbashes need credits too
Yes, thank you for bringing that to our attention. I just assumed the "Aries by Scifiguy" credit was proper because he created the mesh. But, I see now it's a kitbash.

@ Scifiguy: Like etwtewtew said, you have to credit original authors of all meshes. Also, you typically need the original author's permission to kitbash a model. Andrew worked hard on that model and him being nice enough to offer it for free download doesn't mean you can just do anything you want with it. I removed the image because of the improper credit. If you had his permission for the kitbash and you fix the credits, you can repost it.
Old March 29th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #16
stscifiguy
Shuttle Pilot

ATTENTION

First of all,I didn't steal anyones model. I made mine based on pics of the original model. That it looks close to Andrew Smith's version is a complement but it isn't. I went by over 17 different models i found to get the "FEEL" of the Enterprise era but, it seems everyone is a critic and even though we are all trying to do our best, when someone decides theres a way to put a dig at you,they do. Thats one of the BIGGEST gripes i have about these forums. Everyone got to be perfect or you get picked on and ridiculed. "IF" the 2 pics are put side by side, yes there are simularities but, they are not the same. I didn't work on this for 6 months to steal anyones mesh. Thats too damn easy. Anyone can swap parts in minutes. But,,ok you guys are the experts in your own mines. Funny, this is the ONLY forum that I got this complaint from. As for you that wish to see more of my work; just goto http://romulanwars.tekcities.com/. I am not perfect but I am far from a theft and I am really pissed that I have been called one. There are about 19 other models like this too,,are they all kitbashed or are they just different artist representations of the same REAL model; The "Enterprise"
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #17
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

First, the attitude won't serve you here.

Second, nobody picked on or ridiculed you or called you a thief, etwtewtew simply asked if it was the same model. Nobody accused you of anything. You have to admit that there are a lot of similarities between your model and the Andrew Smith model. All you had to do was say that it was your work and wasn't a kitbash.

I actually thought you made the model, but with the similarities, I had to be certain. There are a lot of art thieves out there who wouldn't think twice about kitbashing someone else's work and not give them credit. I wouldn't be doing my job as a moderator if I allowed people to claim other models as their own. And, if there is a question regarding the authenticity of a model, I have to act appropriately, as I did. I compared many of the components of your model to the Andrew Smith Enterprise before reaching any conclusions and they looked identical to the naked eye, so I thought it could be a kitbash. My post in response to that was simply stating forum policy regarding kitbashing, not actually accusing you of anything.

Lastly, it's been more than a month since etwtewtew made that comparison and I removed the pic, so you can't fully blame us for your work being removed from the forum for that long. You could've logged in at any time and re-uploaded it if you wanted, but you clearly did not.
Old March 30th, 2007, 07:44 AM   #18
stscifiguy
Shuttle Pilot

ATTENTION

I apologize for my attitude. It seems in most of these forums if you donot "FIT IN" with the rest of the crowd then anything you post is ridiculed or they make you look like you stole it. As for my reply. The message went into my bulk folder and I just found it. Again sorry for my attitude. I enjoy doing this animation and it is a hobby. I'm not looking to make money or steal other peoples work. Just enjoy doing it and i was proud of what I did for a change. Any animator can tell you, you can spend alot of time and energy working on these models just to be slpped in the face because its not upto the high standard some artist have. Tahnk you all for you comments and again i apologize for my rudeness.
Just protecting my work that I did work so hard on.
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #19
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

No problem, stscifiguy. It was a big misunderstanding that we can all put behind us. You did a great job on that model and I hope you will show us more work. I promise you nobody will doubt any of your work's authenticity in the future.