Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old October 10th, 2004, 10:51 PM   #1
Semi-Retired

Default cg superman/chris reeve?

i think i saw it here because i could have sworn it won image of the month a while back... who was it here that did the super-awesome cg image of christopher reeve as superman? i looked around and couldn't find it here. please tell me i'm not going crazy...

anyhow, the reason i asked is that the image (i think it's the same image) is being used on the main page at the drudge report - not that i really read any of that crap or anything.

as i've had people use my images before without asking, i was just curious about whether the artist knew or not.

cheers,
#dude
021310061976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 01:50 AM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

I'll see if I can locate it....

You do know Chris just passed away, right?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 02:06 AM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

SAD

This one?

Artist: Daniel Murray ("Arcangel Gabriel")

Last edited by Darrell Lawrence; October 11th, 2004 at 02:34 AM..
Old October 11th, 2004, 06:08 AM   #4
jmartin

jesus #dude, that image was being used as a tribute to a great bloke that has just died .... and your getting your knickers in a twist that it might be being used without the artists knowledge ?????

I'm sorry folks but I find that being anal in the extreme ... hell Warrior used it himself in another thread... shall we lynch him too ? Bloody hell mate I'd be flattered if an image of mine was used in circumstances like this, not pissed off that they didn't spend a week tracking me down to ask me first...

Sorry again, admins/mods but this just really got my goat....
Old October 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #5
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Just calm down though
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #6
Semi-Retired

hey now, i wasn't getting anything in a twist. it wasn't a tribute, just a "hey, look at us! we broke the story first!" kinda thing. the tone of the drudge headline struck me as a bit cold - "Report: Christopher Reeve is Dead." they seemed to care more about the fact that john kerry had talked about him in the presidential debate on friday than saying anything meaningful about the guy. and because i hadn't even heard anything official about reeve anywhere else until today i was even wondering if it could have been a sick hoax.

anyhow, that is the image i was talking about. like i said, i wasn't positive about the news until i'd heard it today from a more legitimate source. it's very sad news indeed, and i apologize if anyone was offended by the way i brought it up here.
021310061976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM   #7
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

No offense taken, by me at least

I did e-mail them to ask them to place credit with the image (like news sites do with photographers and their photos).

Next thing I knew, they removed the image and had only the headline.

Just looking at the headlines on that site, it appears to be a political site more than anything else, so it figures they'd put the political slant on the Reeve passing news...
Old October 13th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #8
Sean Kennedy
Treybor

Where were you when you first heard the phrase "You will believe a man can fly...."? He will be sorely missed.

www.seansgallery.com
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote