Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old February 6th, 2003, 09:07 PM   #1
wasp88

Default Starship '74 - A Bit of History

I found a treat from my childhood in my basement the other day and I thought I would share.

In 1974, Gene Roddenberry was contemplating a new TV series called Starship. I believe one of the few items to ever come from that idea was a set of blueprints for some of the sets. Also included was the external three-view of the titular ship. That vessel would go on to be re-purposed as the pre-Constitution-class Enterprise in ST:TMP. I'm including here the blueprints I obtained from Lincoln Enterprises in 1974.

I hope these serve as reference material for anyone wishing to model this vehicle or even expand upon the concept. Maybe a fan-based story can be developed around the ship?

Enjoy.

Starship '74 - Ext. Three-view
Starship '74 - Int. Command Deck
Starship '74 - Int. Metatransit System

I also have 11x7 inch versions if anyone is interested in a larger format for printing.

post no bills
Old February 7th, 2003, 05:22 AM   #2
Trek

Ahh, the ship that appeared on the wall in the E-Refit's Rec deck and the Serise that became Andromeda.
Old February 7th, 2003, 05:49 PM   #3
Masao

Thanks for posting these!
Are suspect these are by Matt Jefferies. Does his name appear on the blueprints?
Old February 7th, 2003, 06:28 PM   #4
wasp88

No there isn't a signature but I suspect you're right. It looks a lot like his work in the Star Trek Sketch book. I thought this was the coolest thing when I got it in '74. I had forgotten but there is also a large 24 x 36 inch poster of a painting of the concept ship in flight. I need to go look for that!
Old February 9th, 2003, 04:52 PM   #5
wasp88

I've pulled the images due to possible copyright conflicts. My apologies.