Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old April 28th, 2006, 04:03 PM   #1
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

3 D CGI TOS Defiant bridge Kitbash

First things first. I e-mailed SeanR and obtained his permission before making change 1 to his awesome bridge mesh.

OK, I think it's obvious from the title and the above statement that I'm kitbashing SeanR's TOS bridge set to fit my TOS-defiant model. There are only a few changes to make to the bridge so that it will fit with the ship.

The first thing I did was change the lighting to a white light setup because, even though this was modeled in tS, my version of tS made everything look funky with the lights included. I'll do a more advanced light setup a lot later.

Second, I got rid of a control console and added the starboard turbolift becaue my ship has 2 bridge turbo tubes on it.

Later will come some repainting to make it look even more different than the Enterprise bridge and, of course, some displays will have to be made.

This WIP is also a test for my new image shack account ~ thanks, Taranis.

More to follow after I mow the lawn.
Old April 28th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

HAPPY

The alterations continue. I changed the ceiling over the starboard turbolift to look like the ceiling over the port turbo.

Old April 29th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #3
gmd3d
Admin

I am here to help in any way send check's please to my swiss bank account .. via Von Stinkingrich my bank manager

that look good evil ..

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

HAPPY

Thanks, Taranis, though I'm really just modifying something that already looked great.

I spent most of last night moving around the different control stations and that little door in the front of the bridge. I even got rid of the door once to see if I liked that. Finally, I came up with a configuration that was significantly different than the one on the Constitution-class ships.

Since I got rid of a station for the starboard turbolift, I moved the science station to the spot where the redundant nav station was. This station made no sense to me anyway. Then I switched the engineering and communications stations and made the station to the right of communications and the one to the left of the science station the tactical stations. And I switched the little door at the front and the little control station and made the station the environmental systems monitor. I decided the little door was cool and could lead to a stairwell that could go to the bathroom and possibly the cpt's ready room, plus it could act as an emergency stairwell.

Next step is to repaint. Then I need to make control readouts and do the lighting.

The illustrated version of my long-winded explanation:

Various bridge shots:

Last edited by evil_genius_180; April 29th, 2006 at 11:01 AM..
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #5
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

COOL

They say that light colors make a room look larger, so I decided to go the other way. Also, I decided I wanted to have 2 doors at the front of the bridge, the second one could lead to some sort of briefing room and, of course, act as an emergency stairwell. So, the environmental systems station is part of the engineering station now.

Old April 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I wanted the Defiant's bridge to seem more confined and have some extra protection, so I made the ceiling completely solid. Also, this will help with the lighting I want to add. I have some of the lights in, though some of them are in tempory places, but there are still more lights to add and a little more painting to do.

Old April 30th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #7
gmd3d
Admin

Looks great .. would like to see the hand rails a little lighter in the blue . or perhaps a mor matalic look if possible .

but first class

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #8
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

The handrails are the same color as the doors. The problem is in the lighting. Right now most of the lighting is on the sides of the bridge, but I'm working on it. Thanks for the feedback as always.