Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

View Poll Results: How would you place the 4th season compared to other seasons.
The best season ever! 1 0 0%
2 2 40.00%
3 2 40.00%
The 4th season comes up in 4th place for me! 4 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 17th, 2003, 09:03 PM   #1
Mike

Default Ranking the final season thus far

How is the 4th season standing up to the others? Regretfully, I must say this season has been the weakest of them all. There haven't been many standouts, and there have been a few stinkers. But most importantly, Farscape just hasn't been as compelling and enchanting as it once was, for me anyway. What are your thoughts? Please tell me I'm mistaken!
Old February 17th, 2003, 09:30 PM   #2
McC
I have always been here.

I don't feel I can rightly vote on this until S4 concludes. Presently, I rank it 3rd, after S3 and S2 respectively. However, that's after having seen the climactic ending episodes of S2/3. I suspect that when the day is done, S3 will still rank as best season overall, in my book.

Ashes of Alour-Tan | Tutorials | Blog | Facebook | Twitter
McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2003, 12:08 AM   #3
Vertigo1

If I hadn't have seen what I've seen of the second half of season 4, I'd say it blew by comparison to the previous seasons. (A Prefec Murder was VERY hard to follow, even for me.) However, this second half of the season is making up for it so I'll give it a 3 for now.
Old February 18th, 2003, 11:25 AM   #4
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

I rank it third.

1st: Season 2
2nd: Season 1
3rd: Season 4
4th: Season 3

But, this might all change. The cliffhanger's are usually my favorites, and recently, they've been rather getting into gritty storylines, so Season 4 come 3rd.
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2003, 02:04 PM   #5
McC
I have always been here.

You put S3 last?! Mind if I ask why?

Old February 18th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #6
moovok

Although Season 3 had Talyn die, the ending where John was adrift, that sucked! Season 2's my favorite, due to the fact of the ending, and how the Season spanned out with the Scorpy clone, Season 1 was good, because it was the first. Season 3 sorta sucked, imo.
Old February 18th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #7
Arrghman

My ranking:

Season 3
Season 4
Season 2
Season 1

Although I'm kinda interpolating what the end of Season 4 will be like based on current trends.
Old February 18th, 2003, 03:59 PM   #8
McC
I have always been here.

Quote:
Originally posted by moovok
Although Season 3 had Talyn die, the ending where John was adrift, that sucked! Season 2's my favorite, due to the fact of the ending, and how the Season spanned out with the Scorpy clone, Season 1 was good, because it was the first. Season 3 sorta sucked, imo.
What are you smoking? The ending was great! Any time a season finale can make you go "No! You can't end there! I want more!" then it has succeeded, not failed

Old February 18th, 2003, 11:25 PM   #9
Lumikko

My ranking, too!

Season 3
Season 4
Season 2
Season 1

Thanks for typing it for me, Arrghy!
Old February 18th, 2003, 11:31 PM   #10
Arrghman

glad to be of service!
Old February 19th, 2003, 12:23 PM   #11
moovok

Quote:
Originally posted by McC

What are you smoking? The ending was great! Any time a season finale can make you go "No! You can't end there! I want more!" then it has succeeded, not failed
Hey, we're all individual. Have I yet to moan at your choice, no? Please do not moan at mine :p Season 3 has still not changed on my position, it still is ranked 4th.

If I was really desperate to cause a stir, I would say: "What are you smoking? Season 1 was great! Any time a season finale can make you go "No! You can't end there! I want more!" then it has succeeded, not failed" But I won't. Instead, I'll say. Season 3 left with an episode it didn't really need. If it had removed that episode, then Season 3 may have changed in my ideas, I haven't a clue. But, since they had that stand alone episode, I thought it sucked, spoilt the mood of Season 3.

My choice, my decision, and I don't do drugs or smoke, so I rarely have smoked anything.

Yours Honourably,

Mike Rouse-Deane
Old February 19th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #12
McC
I have always been here.

...maybe the phrase hasn't caught on in the UK.

Anyway, I didn't mean to imply that you were actually smoking anything; it's an expression that implies radical disagreement with a particular view, or also possibly befuddlement at a particular idea.

And I wasn't "bemoaning" your ranking; I was trying to understand why you ranked S3 so low, when many regard it so highly. You know, discussion -- what these forums are supposed to be about

Old February 20th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #13
moovok

Well, that term in the UK to me means something different. Just like sometimes in the UK mean something different in the US

Plus, I did give you my reason why, you know, discussion
Old February 20th, 2003, 08:51 PM   #14
Mike

Smoking a fag means something very different in either country . Right Kakaze?

Oh drat, he's not here!

Season 2 was considerably better toward the end, Season 3 was fairly solid straight through, especially at the end. Season 4 has been a big disappointment for me and has dulled that sense of loss now that the show has been canned.