Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Closed Thread

Old August 27th, 2003, 11:04 AM   #1
Sess

Default man get 2 years for sex. abuse 11 y o

okay it's not a fun message but I've got to vent.

there's this guy over here in the netherlands,
who sexually abused an underage girl

two pregnancies - one at 12 one at 13.

And do you know how much jail time he gets?

two and a half years!

(and yes the court thought it proven beyond a reasonable doubt)

two and a half years man! in 1 year he'll be out on probation!!!

this is SICK beyond words.

http://www.leeuwardercourant.nl/Inde...73--%2C00.html

2,5 years of which 6 on probation...

MY GOD

Old September 1st, 2003, 08:38 AM   #2
emerita

SAD

They should cut off his penis! He doesn't need it to urinate anyway. Most people don't understand the ramifications of having under aged sex. A girl's sex organs continue to develope until the age of 20. Sex before then raises the chance of cervical cancer 75%, not to mention what it does to the ovaries....The mortality rate can also be staggering. I know this because I am a nurse and have talked with Gyn docs on this subject....It is truely sad. So many young women are having to go through hysterectomies because of it, not to mention the ovaries are so messed up that they can't get pregnant later in life.

Last edited by emerita; September 1st, 2003 at 08:42 AM..

Old September 1st, 2003, 09:29 AM   #3
Sess

not to mention the trauma...

by the way I don't think they should cut his penis off.

I think much better is to tattoo "I raped an 11 year old" on his forehead

then put him in one cell with the dominant male around.
for 20 years or so.

and no vaseline!

Old September 1st, 2003, 02:15 PM   #4
Boh_iNfecTeD

vengence style punushment just makes us as bad as them, I think its stupid. I agree that he should get more than 2 years, but I think prison systems need to be revamped anyway, they don't help anybody....

Old September 1st, 2003, 02:19 PM   #5
Sess

with all due respect, Boh, that's because you (probably) have no idea of what it's like.

Old September 1st, 2003, 03:06 PM   #6
emerita

People commit crimes because they know nothing will happen to them....if it did they would think twice about doing it. If cutting off their penis was the punishment for raping a child...wouldn't they think twice about doing it?...or I could be wrong....

Old September 1st, 2003, 03:24 PM   #7
Boh_iNfecTeD

or they could be mentally unstable. We need to work out the mental reasons WHY people do things and rehabilitate them, not lock them away and let them be treated like some lower order of beaing

I just don't belive doing something to someone that is simmilar to what they did it right. Its like killing someone for killing someone

Old September 1st, 2003, 03:37 PM   #8
Boh_iNfecTeD

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't support crime and certanly not what he did. The intire system is a joke, the rich get away with anything because they have good lawers, people who are wrongfully accused can just as easily be put away and be treated like crap and we just don't do anything but cram people in cells.

The whole thing is stupid

Old September 1st, 2003, 03:53 PM   #9
Alex

Quote:
We need to work out the mental reasons WHY people do things and rehabilitate them, not lock them away and let them be treated like some lower order of beaing
Anyone that evil is a lower order of being. I'm sorry, but I don't see why anyone's time should be wasted on helping someone who sexually abuses children. There's no excuse, it's wrong, and if they don't know that, they're off the team- they don't get to be treated like humans anymore. They shouldn't need to be told, and they shouldn't be given a chance for redemption.

This guy on the other hand has a case that may be worth looking at.

Quote:
just don't belive doing something to someone that is simmilar to what they did it right.
Molesting a child: WRONG
Knocking the guy who molested a child around: EXCUSABLE
Locking them away: RIGHT

Old September 1st, 2003, 04:17 PM   #10
Boh_iNfecTeD

but its just revenge. What someone else did doesn't give you the right to lower yourself. Violence begets violence, revenge creates more revenge. Hurt him and he may want to hurt you, help him and he may want to help others. Like I said, the person could have mental issues, possibly servere ones.

Yes what he did is wrong, but maybe if we figure out what was going through his head and stopping it, we can protect more children. And maybe we can rise up from our petty crys for revenge and punishment

Old September 1st, 2003, 09:49 PM   #11
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Vengeance is merely justice without the legal fees...

The legal system is supposed to function as a deterrent to crime, by setting up appropriate punishments for illegal acts. The problem is that those punishments have become so lenient, and the system has been so riddled with loopholes, that it no longer acts as an effective deterrent.

If you really want to win the war on crime, you have to fight it on the criminals' terms, because they aren't tying themselves down with rules and moral high-grounds. But because we don't want to "lower ourselves to their level" we adhere to our codes and regulations, and pat ourselves on the back for being so "enlightened." Meanwhile, the families of countless victims get to watch powerless as the people who destroyed their lives are given a slap on the wrist and sent back out on the streets.

Frankly, I don't think our "level" is much higher than the criminals' as it is...
Old September 2nd, 2003, 12:56 AM   #12
Sess

Quote:
Originally posted by Boh_iNfecTeD
And maybe we can rise up from our petty crys for revenge and punishment
again, you've NO idea of what we're talking about here AT ALL

REVENGE IS EXACTLY what the victim wants!!!

that's the whole point of punishment (even our schoolbooks agree with me here!)

REVENGE that's what it's all about.

and trust me I was still mild here suggesting the tattoo on the forehead, you've no idea what I'd do to the guy - and from what I understand there's people who'd do even worse if they had the chance,
because

this

screws up

your ENTIRE life.

this isn't something you go and forget the next day, this changes the whole way you're psychologically built.

you get guilt complexes, it screws up every single relationship in your life

anyone who even slightly reminds you of the person disgusts you,
be it because he's got a pig nose, blonde hair, or just because it's a man at all!

a victim doesn't even feel like a human anymore.

and it's the rapist's fault.

therefore, I think the victim has the right to act as not human and revenge her(him)self on the rapist in an unhuman way.
and in our society, it's the law system who has to revenge for the victim,
which it constantly fails to do.

You know it went as far that councellors advice people now not to report it?
that's because the chance of getting a conviction that's more than for petty theft is almost 0!

PS: I don't think anything will prevent children being raped so well as tattooing "pedophile" all over every pedophile's forehead.

that way, the kids stay out of their reach and they needn't worry about not being able to control themselves.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 11:11 AM   #13
Boh_iNfecTeD

no wonder our sociaty creates these people, we refuse to evolve...

Whatever, I don't care anymore

Old September 2nd, 2003, 11:50 AM   #14
Alex

Quote:
no wonder our sociaty creates these people
Somehow I really don't think it's society's fault.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 12:59 PM   #15
Proximo

Isn't this sort of talk what Agora was supposed to be for?

Agora loves you
Agora wants you
Agora wil make you in to a god*

Disclaimer: Agora will not necessarily make you in to a god.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 01:40 PM   #16
Alex

Maybe, but it split, fool! PLUG! *Stab*

Old September 2nd, 2003, 01:42 PM   #17
Alex

Incidentally, Rick, do I hear a call to anarchism? Because I've been wanting to run all over this city kicking people in the crotch for a long time

Old September 2nd, 2003, 02:15 PM   #18
Sess

Those people will be created anyway.

it's not society's fault.

it's the fault of men and women who think a child is a pet.

then, when the child grows up, he starts molesting children.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 03:21 PM   #19
VayVay

I have to agree with Prox, this isn't the sort of thing these boards were meant for, and this topic has too much potential for blowing up. With that said, I think everybody has had more than enough discussion on this topic, so:

Thread Closed.

Closed Thread