Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 16th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #1
dedale
Shuttle Pilot

Default serenity : the comics...

so.
this comics came after the TV show and before the movie. it start exactly at the end of the 15 episode and answers about many questions of the shows. its not very a great drawing but the scenary was under wedhon's rule and that work ok.
dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: serenity : the comics...

Sounds interesting. Are there any links or images you can point us to?
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 04:00 AM   #3
dedale
Shuttle Pilot

yes absoultely interrsting. when i seen the movie and after the show, i became frustated by the cancellation and the hole in the story line. but someone on the net say something about the "comics special" and i buy this one. i have the 3 parts in PDF format but i have no link to point it.
and more : this comics exist only in english and i not english. imagine how many frustated was the fan in the world can be...
but.
this comics resume the hypothetical second saison of the show very well, i recommand .

oh i edit because i forgot the titre .
those left behind, dark horse comics, 2005, joss whedon,brett matthews,will conrad and laura martin.

Last edited by dedale; May 17th, 2008 at 04:21 AM..
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Thanks for the info. I might have to look for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedale
this comics exist only in english and i not english. imagine how many frustated was the fan in the world can be...
I'm sorry to hear that. Too bad comics aren't like DVDs where you can find versions of many of them translated into many different languages.
Old May 18th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #5
dedale
Shuttle Pilot

thank, but it s ok. fan's can be very very imaginative when tey needs. and english is not very difficult; just read something about serenity in your own language is a big and great moment...
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:16 AM   #6
aussiet

I didn't really like the comics, they didn't really capture the feel that the series gave.
The movie was also a little like that for me too.
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:45 AM   #7
gmd3d
Admin

Have to say never got into Firefly .. had some good episodes .. and great humour but never grabbed me at all.. but Star Trek the next generation never grabbed me until the 3 season ..
Love the ship design .. refreshingly new approach

and welcome to Gladiators. aussiet

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:06 AM   #8
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiet View Post
I didn't really like the comics, they didn't really capture the feel that the series gave.
The movie was also a little like that for me too.
I never read the comics but I was watching the movie the other day and (after many times of seeing both the movie and TV shows) came to the same conclusion about the movie. It's definitely a good continuation of the TV show but there are some things that are a little off, (besides the interiors of Serenity being majorly different) like how the characters acted on the TV show VS. how they acted in the movie. Also, there are some continuity issues in the movie that weren't there in the show.
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:05 PM   #9
dedale
Shuttle Pilot

i agree with the comment. TV show have a feeling who dasent exist in the Movie or, more in the comics. and its logical. differents mediums for a same base story line. be aware of this : if firefly the show have to continue in this form(TV show:laugh, the comics story base line was good in this case (baseline) and the rules of a tv show put inside the firefly feeling. and same thing for the movie perhaps more because the structure of the movie can be easily cut in differents part who can be a crystallisation of 2 of 3 episodes...
sory if i can be more clear in english.
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #10
Capt_lentil

I like the movie and the series. still sat shaking my head wondering what the hell Fox were playing at by cancelling the series. they never seriously promoted and lost themselves a good deal there. The comics never really interested me cos the art was so poor. I'm big on art. I like a good story but if the art is rubbish I won't go within 10 feet of it
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #11
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

The weird thing about Fox is that they wanted another Joss Whedon series but they wanted it on their terms. Joss wanted to have a long, drawn-out story where it took a while to get to know the characters but Fox wanted something that started out with a lot of action. That's why they ran The Train Job as the first episode instead of the pilot, Serenity. And there were other problems with some of the other episodes where Fox didn't want to run the ones with less action that Joss had made, they wanted to only run the ones that were very fast paced, hence the screwed-up running order. I think they finally decided to kill the series so they could get rid of Joss Whedon and his show (which is odd, since they asked him to stick around and make another show for them) and put something else on. I think that if Fox had left Joss to his own devices and let him do his show his way it would've been a really big success and the powers-that-be at Fox would be really happy. Instead, they had to be schmucks and let a great thing slip through their fingers.
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:38 AM   #12
dedale
Shuttle Pilot

they have of "fox" just the name, and not the "flair" ...