Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old June 30th, 2005, 01:42 AM   #1
p.s. Cargile
Master Pilot

Default Ghost in the Shell

I loved the first movie so much that I copied a showing of it on cable onto VHS. Now I have the DVD of both and the Stand Alone Complex volumns. I have the worst cabl in the world. I have no Sci-Fi (no Battlestar!) and no Cartoon Network, so I have to wait for DVDs.

Ghost in the Shell has to be the best near future series that I have ever seen. The stories are fresh and new, and the technology and society plausible. Listening to it in Japaness is a blast too.
p.s. Cargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #2
KeithM

Stand Alone Complex and the second film are good examples of the mixing of traditional animation and CGI. Unfortunately, most other series and films produced that do it don't integrate them nearly as well.
Old July 21st, 2005, 04:22 AM   #3
stayhigh
Shuttle Pilot

Hello. I also like the same original author's (masamune shiro)Appleseed .
http://www.a-seed.jp/index2.html
stayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 05:18 AM   #4
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Ghost in the Shell is excellent. I had collected Appleseed GN's but only recently found out about the DVD's. Too bad about the crap'd cable.

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #5
shaneramsey

i have both apleseed movies and almost all the graphic novels. the movies are great. the only drawback is that
the stoyline is the same for both only the way it's told is different. the first movie follows the books very close while the new movie puts a new spin on the way it's told. the first is a traditional hand drawn movie, the second is heavy 3d computer work mixed with hand drwing. as for ghost in the shell i liked the first movie and the tv series but i wasn't overly crazy about the second film. speaking of the tv show. was there a second season? i have the first on dvd but my local video store can't tell me if there is anymore tapes.
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #6
itty

The 3D CG Cityscapes were awsome.
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #7
itty

Quote:
Originally Posted by itty
The 3D CG Cityscapes were awsome.

I guess I should have specified the cityscapes in both, Ghost-In-The_Shell, Innocence, and AppleSeed 2004
Old April 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #8
Stoned_Dragon

Default Awesome

I think the general concensus seems to be that masamune rocks, pretty much in what ever he does. And the fact he supposedly does this stuff alone raises my respect even higher. but i thankfully got to watch ghost in the shell:soc and 2nd gig on cartoon network. Am attempting to get the DVD's, so far i just have one of the movies.
Old June 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM   #9
haruchai
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Ghost in the Shell

Have both GITS films and have seen SAC series (good old DVD rental service) and have to say that they are inspiring. Very plausible near future vision and not scared to tackle bigger issues. Whilst I enjoy an action romp as much as the next person I do prefer to watch things that have something to say.
haruchai is offline   Reply With Quote