Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old June 30th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Dennis

Default New "Starship Exeter" Released

(July 1, 2005) — The first part of Starship Exeter: The Tressaurian Intersection has been released and can be downloaded at www.starshipexeter.com. The entire episode will be released in serial format and distributed via the Internet over the next several weeks.

Tressaurian Intersection features James Culhane as Captain John Quincy Garrovick of the Federation starship Exeter, Holly Guess as Jo Harris, Michael Buford as Cutty and Joshua Caleb as the Andorian communications officer B’Fuselek as well as Elizabeth Wheat as Vandi Richards and Gary Peters as Kosnett.

The video was produced by Jimm Johnson, Josh Johnson. and Joel Sarchet, and directed by Portland, Oregon resident Scott Cummins. It continues the deep-space adventures of the crew of the U.S.S. Exeter, introduced in Starship Exeter: The Savage Empire.

Upon its initial release in December of 2002, Savage Empire attracted attention and praise from genre and mainstream press outlets both online and in print.
USA Today hailed it as “A fine example of the heights that can be reached in online productions”, while the SCI FI Channel's online news service called it “better than some of the ‘official’ Trek that's been produced”, adding that “Everything about the episode broadcasts authenticity”.

A mention of The Savage Empire on www.slashdot.com in January of 2003 resulted in an upsurge of demand so great that Apple Inc., which hosts www.starshipexeter.com, had to shut the site down for six hours while mirror download servers were set up.

Starship Exeter is an Exeter Studio production. Exeter Studio is a non-profit corporation organized in the State of Texas for the purpose of creating science fiction, fantasy, and mystery stories for development as independent film, video, and audio presentations.
Old July 1st, 2005, 07:00 PM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Sweet - I'm gonna have to start downloading ASAP.
Old July 1st, 2005, 07:09 PM   #3
General Phoenix

Wow - these guys really know what they're doing, don't they?

I loved the Teaser - can't wait for Act One.
Old July 1st, 2005, 10:34 PM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Who did the CGI work?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Dennis

Some fan loony. 8)

Actually, complete credits -- as of now -- for the film are on this page:

http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexet...3/credits.html

And of course complete credits will appear on the end of the episode when it's released.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM   #6
General Phoenix

Well, I loved the crashed ship in the new teaser - excellent work, man.
Old July 4th, 2005, 08:43 AM   #7
Dennis

Thanks from all the folks who worked on that sequence. It wasn't CG, though -- a combination of an extensive digital matte painting by Bruce Jensen, effects work by Jimm Johnson and a crashed saucer model by Tom Sasser,
Old July 4th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #8
KeithM

Nice work overall.
Old December 19th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #9
naddel

looks professional, great work.
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #10
KlingonGeneral

Default Re: New "Starship Exeter" Released

Anything new about the Exeter?
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #11
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
Bumping Old Threads ~ Read Before Posting
This is mainly for new members. If you're here for the first time and you're looking through the forums to comment on some work or to get your 5 posts necessary to download, please look at the date on the first post in the thread and try and find the last updated post by the original author. If the original author hasn't updated the thread in the last 6 months, please don't ask for an update or even comment on the thread. It's probably dead, but the forum doesn't automatically kill old threads, so it's still there. So, please don't post because you'll just bump it and encourage others to post in it. Thank you.

~ The Staff
I would be failing in my duties here if I did not bring this to you attention regarding Bumping old threads. The last post here was
Quote:
December 19th, 2005 04:52 PM

:cylon:

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs

Last edited by gmd3d; July 17th, 2008 at 11:19 AM..
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #12
KlingonGeneral

Ah, I really didn't look at the year on it...or the date in fact. I was interested in the topic and not just getting my 5 posts...I'm well past that by now...but I will try to be more observent next time.