Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 5th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #1
Henglaar

SAD Hidden Frontier's Final Episode

Well, the day some of us never expected to see has come: the fiftieth and final episode of Star Trek: Hidden Frontier is in the can and in final production. Final shots were made April 28th at the UCI Irvine Arboretum.

It's been an interesting rollercoaster of a ride, and I hope that you've enjoyed watching them as much as we've enjoyed making them.

Attendees of the mini-convention, Excelsior Ball II, were treated to both the rough-cut of our final episode and to Star Trek: Intrepid's rough-cut first episode. Both were received warmly.

In keeping with being the series finale, Its Hour Come 'Round At Last is a powerful episode, and you shouldn't count on any of your favorites surviving.

Projected release is on or near May 19th, 2007.
Old May 12th, 2007, 08:36 AM   #2
captainkirk

I have two questions, I read the description of the episode and it mentioned the "shattered pieces of the Excelsior", did it get destroyed? And, if Admiral Cole is dead,
how come she's in Odyssey?
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #3
Henglaar

Default Life, Death, and Battle Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
I have two questions, I read the description of the episode and it mentioned the "shattered pieces of the Excelsior", did it get destroyed? And, if Admiral Cole is dead,
how come she's in Odyssey?
The Excelsior took a terrible beating. However, I cannot post spoilers.

The character Admiral Jennifer Cole died bravely. The actress Jennifer Cole is alive and well, and she will be participating in Odyssey.

(The character of Jenn Cole was created for a U.S.S. Angeles fan movie, where members were encouraged to play fictional versions of themselves. When Hidden Frontier started up, the character was migrated over.)
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #4
equack

Default Re: Hidden Frontier's Final Episode

I can't watch fan videos, they aren't canon :p.
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #5
KlingonGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by equack View Post
I can't watch fan videos, they aren't canon :p.
Hmm, it is the fans that keep that which is canon alive and moving forward even when Paraborg spits in the eye of true canon Roddenberry has put forth and call theirs "canon". (Watch ENT for proof)

Thank Kahless the fans are doing something to push forward the dream and keeping us all interested and active.

I am not much of a fan of Hidden Frontiers but I do admire their efforts to keeping the love alive.
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Dude, I gotta agree with the Klingon. (except his disheartening comments about Enterprise, I like that show) Fan films rule. I wish they'd gotten some of the people that work on these fan films, given them a budget, and had them do Star Trek XI, instead of handing the franchise over to someone who only claims to be a Star Trek fan. (I have yet to see proof of his fandom)
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #7
Henglaar

It's been a year and more since the finale was released.

Any comments?

And Klingon General? Thank you for your honesty and your support.
Old July 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #8
gmd3d
Admin

I have never watched them .. but I do like fan efforts like Klingon said .. I admire the creative and energy that they give to the project.... they can breating new life in old shows.

well done to all involved , some day I will give it time and watch

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #9
Henglaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
I have never watched them .. but I do like fan efforts like Klingon said .. I admire the creative and energy that they give to the project.... they can breating new life in old shows.

well done to all involved , some day I will give it time and watch
Thank you!

Admittedly, our first couple of seasons are rough; our "learning experience years" if you will. We've been recommending that people watch something from, say, the fifth season to see what we became before they watch from the beginning for the backstory.
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #10
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Unfortunately, I have a crappy old computer right now. Once I get a new one, I plan to check out Hidden Frontier (and some of the other great fan films I haven't yet seen.) I'll be starting with the first season, 'cause that's how I roll.
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #11
Henglaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Unfortunately, I have a crappy old computer right now. Once I get a new one, I plan to check out Hidden Frontier (and some of the other great fan films I haven't yet seen.) I'll be starting with the first season, 'cause that's how I roll.
[chuckle] Just keep in mind "it really DOES get better". [grin]
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #12
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Don't worry, I'm too much of a Trekkie to give up on a show after a few episodes. Besides, I've found that shows (fan shows or otherwise) do tend to get better over time.
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #13
Henglaar

Here's hoping you enjoy our efforts.
Old July 18th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #14
KlingonGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Dude, I gotta agree with the Klingon. (except his disheartening comments about Enterprise, I like that show)
Now I did not say I didn't like ENT, I was pointing out how anti-TOS is was. With the exception of the last several episodes in the last season I thought they were well written and I enjoyed the characters and story lines...but they were pro-TNG and not TOS...which is where it all began.
Old July 18th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #15
KlingonGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henglaar View Post
And Klingon General? Thank you for your honesty and your support.
I too am an active ST fan, as you can tell by my avatar. I go to charities and Cons and now I am going to the Star Trek: The Exihbition in San Diego, CA...it is easy for me since I live here.

What "we" do is help not only promote the ST dream but also encourage others to be part of the fandom as well. "Our" acts of courage in producing films and/or dressing up in character are all part of keeping the dream alive.

So "thank you" for all you and those involved are doing...

Q'apla!
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #16
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlingonGeneral View Post
Now I did not say I didn't like ENT, I was pointing out how anti-TOS is was. With the exception of the last several episodes in the last season I thought they were well written and I enjoyed the characters and story lines...but they were pro-TNG and not TOS...which is where it all began.
Yeah, I think that's probably why I like Enterprise so much. Though I love TOS, I've always liked TNG a little bit better. I think it's because it was on when I was growing up and I got exposed to it earlier. And I do like the way there were several things that had TNG tie-ins in Enterprise (except the series finale, that just sucked) like the one with the Borg, where it would take about 2 centuries (to just before TNG) for the Borg signal to reach the Delta Quadrant. I love tie-ins like that. Though, with Manny Cotto in charge for the last season, there were a lot more plots with TOS tie-ins. The problem with the earlier seasons is that they were headed by Rick Berman, Roddenberry's hand-picked successor who cut his teeth doing TNG, so he kinda stuck to what he knew.