Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old December 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #1
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Default Ep 1-15 Objects in Space

The crew is caught off-guard when a bounty hunter, eager to claim the enormous reward on River's head, sneaks aboard Serenity and methodically begins taking the crew prisoner one by one.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

If I were to pick an episode of the ones they made to end the show, this would be the best one (which is good because, sadly, it was the end.) We get to see more of what River can do with the powers the government gave her. Also, we get to see exactly what kinds of enemies the crew faces as they continue to protect River and Simon. It's one of the more serious episodes but it's a good one.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Oscaron

Probably one of my faves.

Though it made it hard to see Richard Brooks somewhat normal in other roles.

Also love the fact that he plays Jubal Early opposite Nathan Fillian in Firefly and plays Detective Ehrle opposite Nathan in Drive.
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I thought Drive got canceled. I was flipping through stations one day and caught Nathan Fillion on a Soap Opera. That's too bad. He's a better actor than that. But I guess one pays the bills any way one can sometimes.
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #5
Oscaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
I thought Drive got canceled. I was flipping through stations one day and caught Nathan Fillion on a Soap Opera. That's too bad. He's a better actor than that. But I guess one pays the bills any way one can sometimes.
Sorry, poor wording on my part. It is canceled.

And Nathan was on One Life to Live from 94-97 according to his filmography. Looks like it was his big break.
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, Soap Operas can actually be a big start for some people. But some people stay too long. (I'm sure it's good money, though.) I didn't even know which Soap Opera it was, I just knew I saw him. I bet, with the writers' strike, that was an old episode I happened to see him on. (even though it doesn't seem like most of those actually have writers. )
Old December 19th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #7
Oscaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Yeah, Soap Operas can actually be a big start for some people. But some people stay too long. (I'm sure it's good money, though.) I didn't even know which Soap Opera it was, I just knew I saw him. I bet, with the writers' strike, that was an old episode I happened to see him on. (even though it doesn't seem like most of those actually have writers. )
I think they use a complex set of formulas resembling astrological charts to determine when someone kiss/fights/marries/divorces/dies/kills/finds their evil clone/long lost sibling.

Or they have a "Wheel of Plots" they spin every once in a while.
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #8
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Hmm, I always figured it was an old ball cap and slips of paper. After all, wheels cost money.
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #9
dedale
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Ep 1-15 Objects in Space

hell soap opera ! after space opera its a disgrace or what?
dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #10
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Ep 1-15 Objects in Space

I think it's a paycheck, no matter how you look at it. Most everybody has to do a job he/she isn't thrilled about at one point in life (or more than one point) to pay the bills.