Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old March 19th, 2002, 10:15 PM   #1
Kenny_Z

Default Comet Cursor...

It's invaded my computer. I was surfing some trek sites out of boredom a few weeks ago when i caught comet cursor in the middle of an install. I managed to stop it but suddenly just a few minutes ago I get "Your version of comet cursor is out of date. Click here to update." I know it didn't come from the page I was viewing because it was my personal homepage I have on my hard drive. I tried cexx.org but I couldn't locate anything to do with comet cursor. Anyone have any ideas?
Old March 19th, 2002, 10:28 PM   #2
Kenny_Z

Nevermind...turns out that a nifty little trick in comet cursor that it installs itself even if you cancel it. I HATE comet cursor...it falls into all those annoying cutisy things that people love to have until they get tired of them, break the computer trying to get rid of them, and then call me to fix it :|
Old March 20th, 2002, 04:35 AM   #3
Proximo

Did you manage to uninstall it again?
Old March 20th, 2002, 04:48 PM   #4
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Uninstalling isn't a problem, but it gets annoying after the hundredth time...
Old March 20th, 2002, 06:34 PM   #5
Kenny_Z

I wish there was a way to block it permanently.
Old March 27th, 2002, 09:17 PM   #6
Kenny_Z

Ah Ha!! Here's how to get rid of spyware like Comet Cursor and Gator.

http://www.majorgeek.com/index2.html

Ad Aware, it found things on my hard drive I didn't even know where there, including a few comet cursor files.