Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old June 20th, 2002, 06:38 AM   #1
FirstBorg

Default Givin volume to a mesh

Hi
Here my problem/question for Lightwave.
I have the problem that sometimes, if I use the boolean subtract, it makes just a hole in the "outer" hull of the previous mesh.
Just an example to imagine : If you subtract a disc from a box, you should have a hole with inner volume, but in my case I sometimes just have the hole, and I can look through the hole to the other end of the mesh. Any ideas how to avoid or repair it?
thx
Old June 20th, 2002, 09:14 PM   #2
alial

The problem (I think) is that the polygons that have been made from the subtraction, are flipped the wrong way. Select them and Flip(f key) them. They should show up then.
Old June 20th, 2002, 11:08 PM   #3
thomas7g

also booleans can be set to join, intersect or subtract.
Old June 21st, 2002, 04:19 AM   #4
FirstBorg

Quote:
Originally posted by alial
The problem (I think) is that the polygons that have been made from the subtraction, are flipped the wrong way. Select them and Flip(f key) them. They should show up then.
No, there are no polygons to flip.