Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > The Help Zone
Notices
The Help Zone This is where questions are asked about how certain things work in your apps.

Old April 20th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #1
ArielSzataria

Default Can't get Victoria to work in Poser

Ok, here's my problem, step by step
Downloaded Victoria 4 (Basic) from the Daz Site, and it SAID it was poser 7 compatible.

Ok, so, I downloaded it, and clicked install. Selected Poser 7 from the install options, and finished the install. Went to Poser 7 and it doesnt show at all. Not there, doesn't exist. So I checked through my computer for it, and the bleeping program installed it as a Daz only file. Not a Poser file. So I trid 3 more times to re-install and got the exact same thing each time. A Daz file, not a Poser file. Which means the morph I just bought to overlay over the victoria model is worthless, because Victoria won't load properly.

Anyone know what I can do?I know exactly where in my computer the files are, but Poser won't see them to load them. And the install program refuses to install them as poser files. The Daz site says Poser will see everything if it's poser 6 or higher, and I have 7, but no joy. Could really use some help. Thanks.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:39 AM   #2
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Can't get Victoria to work in Poser

we have a few poser users here Fretslayer is one that regularly drops in. he could have an answer

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:04 PM   #3
ArielSzataria

Got Victoria to work in Poser. I was using the 'power install' program to try to install Victoria to Poser. But, after some research on the DAZ site and Renderosity, I found out, you need to use one of the other 'sub installers' to install her to Poser. So I did, and I selected "All Poser" for options, and works fine now. Next problem though is, I got a couple morphs from Digital Creations, installed them, and one doesn't show up at all, and the other one doesn't work, keeps asking for files that don't exist. I figure I am missing something, but I dunno what, so I emailed their support and askd for help.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM   #4
Oldcode

The morpshs you are trying to install probably use the DAZ V4 morph pack as their base forms. The files that don't exist are probably the OBJ files used to create the morph targets. The basic V4 model has almost nothing as far as morphs and features. If you want to use V4, you'll probably going to have to buy the morph packs.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/vic...7&cat=350&_m=d

Good luck,
Old April 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Fretslayer

I didn't see this thread before now or else I would have given you a hand.

Odds are that Oldcode is correct with regards to the morph package not working with the V3 base mesh. V3 Base has only a few morph targets and most of the morph packages that are made for the V3 mesh are made for the full version.

If you can tell me which of the morphs you downloaded I can let you know what figure they're built for - that is, of course unless you've already figured it out yourself.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 04:52 PM   #6
ArielSzataria

I got a reply from the tech support at the site. It turns out I need the V4 Mat ++ package. Which is ticking me off, because the 'information' that lists requirements DOES NOT list that as a requirement. IF it did, I would not have bought it, or a couple other things. I don't have Mat ++ because I have exactly $1 in the bank right now. That's it. I used to have $17, but I got 1 non functional, 1 partially functional, 1 mis-advertised, and 1 fully functional, morph/mat downloads off the Digital creations site.

For me the list is
> Non functional: Playmate (I needed different body proportions and better skin tones, I don't care about the nudity. The information did not list needing any other morphs or whatever, under requirements, it said only Vicky 4, not Vicky 4 and Mat ++ However, it will not load, and is wasted $$ right now, and quite possibly for months)
> Mis Advertised: One of the other morps. Had exactly the skin tone I wanted in the images, but when I applied it to Vicky 4, it wasn't "Lightly tanned" it was "Oprah" (Not that I have a problem with Oprah, but I wasn't looking for her skin tone ATM)
> Partially Functional: Angel V4 The general morph was fine, but I had the 'Oprah' problem again. Also, the butt in the morph was about 3 times bigger than the adverts.
> Fully Functional: The breast morpher (Works fine, but if I use it at all, suddenly her chest sticks through any clothes applied when I use the 'conform' option)
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM   #7
Fretslayer

Ok, sit tight for a bit and let me see what I can come up with.
I know you're frustrated and it's a lot to ask, but give me a piece of time and I might be able to help.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:16 AM   #8
ArielSzataria

Thanks Know of Steve 3D of Renderosity? He also has a website. I asked him to do a totally custom person for me, so maybe I can stop trying to fiddle with all this other crud, buy this, buy that, hope it works, hope it has all the parts, and just get exactly what I need. Still going to also, when I can afford it, get the other stuff (Like the Vicky ++ mats, so I can make my own 'people') but yeah, He's been really cool. Very professional, very helpful, and his work is excellent from what I can see.

On a different note, (I am again, probably doing something wrong) I can't get any of Vicky's clothes to 'fit' her if I change ANY of her proportions. If I make her hips too big they stick through. Legs? Same. Boobs? Yep. Is this common or am I doing something wrong?

Future purchases for me though, are
The Vanguard Ship off the DAZ site (That ship is just way too cool)
VAP - Grim Armor (Basic model, again, just way too cool, and a ton of secondary props)
Vicky ++ morphs
A soda
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM   #9
Oldcode

Body parts poking through clothes when you add a character has been a problem with Poser for a long time, and I've been using Poser since V3 back in 99.

For me, the best solution has been to convert all my conforming clothing into Dyanamic clothing. It's a kind of detail intensive process, but once done, you get a good fit and you never have to worry about clothes not fitting.

There is a tutorial on Renderosity that tells you how to convert conforming into dynamic step by step.

FYI

Good luck,
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM   #10
Fretslayer

The clothing items can be a bit twitchy.
When I need to modify them I tend to morph the clothing rather than the figure since so many of the clothing items don't seem to work with the body morphs.

Check your PMs.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:22 PM   #11
ArielSzataria

I found a tutorial on converting static clothing to smart clothing. I can get every step to work except the last, most important step, which is, saving it as a smart prop. Poser simply refuses to give me the option, no matter how I work it. Been trying for 5 hours. I can save the prop, but the prop is TOTALLY static, it's like a tree, totally non movable at all, not even clothing anymore. Much less smart and morpahble.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM   #12
Fretslayer

During the conversion process the app (or process you're using) is losing the bones in the mesh.

In order for the clothing prop to work on the figure it has to have a bone rig that has the exact same name as the corresponding bone in the mesh.

The way Poser & Daz figures worth with regards to clothing is called 'cross talk'.
It is why the bone rig for the clothing prop MUST be exact to that of the figure rig.

Could you post the link to the clothing tut you're looking at?
I might be able to figure out what is going wrong.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM   #13
ArielSzataria

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutor...utorial_id=868

There ya go

Last step in the process is "Save as smart prop, but I don't get the 'save as smart prop' option
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:44 PM   #14
Fretslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSzataria View Post
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutor...utorial_id=868

There ya go

Last step in the process is "Save as smart prop, but I don't get the 'save as smart prop' option
I'll take a look at the info and see if there is something I can come up with.

Also, did that other thing I helped you out with work out?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM   #15
ArielSzataria

My first (ever in my life) Test Render

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...-Render-1a.jpg
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM   #16
Fretslayer

Looks like it worked to me.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:19 AM   #17
ArielSzataria

Yep! Thanks (Figured a pic would be worth a bit more than an explanation )
Old April 26th, 2009, 08:40 PM   #18
kageryu

Don't know if this will be of any help to you in the skin tones, but it is an old trick I learned in Poser 4 (mostly to save disk space and memory on Matt images for different colors). You had mentioned one of the skin tones being too dark, You could adjust the textures Opacity in the material room, and this will provide a lighter or darker render. Also you could change the underlying surface color to Pure White in the materials room (combined with varying opacity levels it will allow you to adjust skin tone).
This also works for changing the skin tone of your favorite realistic matt for those wierd alien colors.