Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Closed Thread

Old December 28th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #1
Snowhill06

QUESTION Colonial fleets will not accept me!!

I now that colonialfleets.com is supposed to be this sites sister site for things galactica but how come i cant use my account for this site to log in to it. I tried to register a new account fpr colonial fleets but it said the admin had to manually activate my account so i can download from that site. I waited fo over 4 months for an activation When the admin emailed me back he said that i couldn't have a free email address like yahoo. I had to have my isp email address. I even sent back a email saying that the reasone i cant have an isp address is that i am not the one in my house that owns the internet. It is my parents who do and the isp address is theres.
He then emailed me back again and said that he didn't believe me and that I was a spammer!!!!!! The admin of colonial fleets is called dawg by the way.

The reason i am saying all this is because i know that as i said before 3dgliators is a sister site of colonial fleets so could mabey one the admins of this site talk to the admin of colonial fleets and ask him to please please activate my download account.
My username that I registered for that site is the same as this site.
:cylon: :cylon: :colwar: :colwar:

Old December 28th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Dude, the admins at CF reserve the right to refuse any membership for whatever reasons. Now, maybe if you were an active member of the forums I'd be inclined to talk to Dawg about this. However, your last post before today was in July of '05, which leads me to believe you're just someone who joins a site to leech everyone's hard work while giving nothing back.
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #3
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

Snowhill06, a few points:

1. My handle is spelled with a capital "D".

2. Colonial Fleets is the sister site to this one. But we have two separate forum databases, which necessitates separate registrations.

3. CF has stricter registration requirements because of the nature of the site, and because of problems with anonymous emails we've had there in the past.

4. You leave out certian pertinent facts in your disengenuous lament. Fact: you ignored my email when you first registered (on 12/8). Fact: instead of responding to my email, about 10 days later (12/19) you registered a second handle (which is strictly forbidden, BTW) with a completely different email address - this email domain a known source of spam.

Just for the record, I never accused you of being a spammer.

What you are, however, is an anonymous kid who is uninterested in participating at the forums you register at, instead posting just enough to allow you to download other people's images and meshes for your own use and then you disappear. Witness the fact you've been a member on this board since July of last year and this is only your 6th post?

(Hi, evil_genius!)

And if you are, in fact, at home and on your parents' ISP account, every provider I know of offers multiple email accounts so that you could have one of your very own if you want one.

I'm not a huge fan of whiners, either.

Have a nice life.

I am
Dawg
Admin, Colonial Fleets

Visit:
LauretteSpang.com

Dirk Benedict Central

Tombs of Kobol

I no longer fight my inner demons. We're on the same side now.
Old December 29th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #4
Kakaze

Haha...do you guys still have that dumbfrell rule about not talking about the new BSG because, ZOMG, they raped a cylon on the show??

Old December 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #5
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
What you are, however, is an anonymous kid who is uninterested in participating at the forums you register at, instead posting just enough to allow you to download other people's images and meshes for your own use and then you disappear. Witness the fact you've been a member on this board since July of last year and this is only your 6th post?
Aside from his whopping 6 posts, you can also tell what kind of "member" he is by the fact that he called it a "download account." Someone who is wanting to be a true member of a site would call it a "forum membership," not "download account."

And, I'm not a big fan of whiners also.

Notice to all: This isn't a site to whine about CF, as this person has now done and others have done in the past. This is a forum for sharing in 3D art, getting help with said 3D art, scifi discussions and having a good time. If you have a complaint/issue about 3D Gladiators, take it up with myself or one of the other moderators or admins, we will gladly attempt to accommodate you as best we can. If you have a complaint/issue about Colonial Fleets, take it up with them, don't clutter this forum with this sort of thread. We're a separate web site, owned by the same person, but managed by different people.
Old December 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakaze
Haha...do you guys still have that dumbfrell rule about not talking about the new BSG because, ZOMG, they raped a cylon on the show??
Holy crap, dude!! What happened to the good old days when Cylons were linebackers in chrome costumes that mostly only said "by your command" and terminated people with extreme prejudice? Dawg told me about the new BSG a while back because I don't have cable. Now I'm glad I've never seen it.
Old December 29th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #7
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
Holy crap, dude!! What happened to the good old days when Cylons were linebackers in chrome costumes that mostly only said "by your command" and terminated people with extreme prejudice? Dawg told me about the new BSG a while back because I don't have cable. Now I'm glad I've never seen it.
They were mostly basketball players. But I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakaze
Yeah, that description pretty much sums up GINO in my eyes. Rape - the torture-du-jour.

Like it or not, I don't care - but it ain't Battlestar Galactica so don't try to convince me that this horse**** is beer.

The full explanation of why CF dropped discussion of the "new BSG" goes well beyond a single scene in an over-hyped but still low-rated episode. The disregard for the original story and characters, the 'dysfunction of the week', etc. The explanatory statement of the ownership resides on CF's FAQ pages, if you're interested in the full story. If you still want to snort and giggle juvenilely at us, though, don't bother.

Evil, my friend, I'm done with this thread (and most of its participants).

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Visit:
LauretteSpang.com

Dirk Benedict Central

Tombs of Kobol

Old December 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #8
Snowhill06

can someone then at least email me the cylon centurian lightwave 3d model.

Last edited by Snowhill06; December 30th, 2006 at 11:25 AM..

Old December 30th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #9
etwtewtew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhill06
then can someone at least email me the new cylon centurian lightwave 3d model

here is a model of a bastare i am working on. I am showing you all this to prove that i am not just stealing peoples work. It is almost done except i dont think the sizing is
right. I might have made it to long. What do you all think. I also want these models from cfleets because the thing i am using them for is a mod i am making for Half Life 2 based the tns bsg.

THE BASESTAR MODEL PIC IS ABOVE.
That looks an aweful lot like coxxon's basestar, would you care to share your UV maps with us?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coxxon-6.JPG (30.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg CylonBasestar3.JPG (121.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by etwtewtew; December 30th, 2006 at 07:26 AM..

Old December 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #10
Snowhill06

I am using this for my textures and mapping layout.

Old December 30th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #11
Kakaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180

You are seriously missing out on some good shït.

I like the old BSG, it's great for all it's camp and wide eyed "we're gonna make it" attitude, but the new show... The new show is real Sci Fi. It's dark, it's filled with drama and suspense, has great characters. I love Starbuck even if I was pissed that they made her a woman in the beginning.

Those weenies at CF just stick their heads in the sand and chant "this is not BSG" over and over again all because issues that have been raised on, oh, pretty much every drama in the last decade, have been raised on BSG as well.

Rapes happen almost every week on CSI and Law & Order. Babies are killed in more brutal ways than having the necks snapped on the same shows. And just watch any court drama to hear the "maybe we did deserve it" schtick. God forbid any of that get into a science fiction show, much less the new BSG which was never intended to be like the original except for the plot and circumstances behind it.

I'm willing to bet that everyone who had a problem with these issues on BSG has no problem at all with those same issues on other shows, and considering CSI and Law & Order are some of the most watched shows on TV it's a fair bet that a large portion of CF watches them.

It's all just sour grapes, I think. And it's sad that the few people in power decided that the whole forum had to collectively stick their fingers in their ears and hum loudly where new BSG is concerned. I'm honestly surprised they don't ban artwork based on the new series.

Old December 31st, 2006, 12:01 AM   #12
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, I was half joking. I've actually been curious about the new BSG, just that whole "don't like cable because it's a major rip-off" thing is stopping me. I actually like when stuff is redone, (like King Kong) as long as it's done right. My main concern is that it seems odd that a 2-meter tall tin can would have the ability to be raped, unless Cylons have changed drastically in the last 20 years. That was really my point. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is one of my favorite shows and it certainly has rapes (on humans, not giant robots.)
Old December 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM   #13
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakaze
You are seriously missing out on some good shït.

I like the old BSG, it's great for all it's camp and wide eyed "we're gonna make it" attitude, but the new show... The new show is real Sci Fi. It's dark, it's filled with drama and suspense, has great characters. I love Starbuck even if I was pissed that they made her a woman in the beginning.

Those weenies at CF just stick their heads in the sand and chant "this is not BSG" over and over again all because issues that have been raised on, oh, pretty much every drama in the last decade, have been raised on BSG as well.

Rapes happen almost every week on CSI and Law & Order. Babies are killed in more brutal ways than having the necks snapped on the same shows. And just watch any court drama to hear the "maybe we did deserve it" schtick. God forbid any of that get into a science fiction show, much less the new BSG which was never intended to be like the original except for the plot and circumstances behind it.

I'm willing to bet that everyone who had a problem with these issues on BSG has no problem at all with those same issues on other shows, and considering CSI and Law & Order are some of the most watched shows on TV it's a fair bet that a large portion of CF watches them.

It's all just sour grapes, I think. And it's sad that the few people in power decided that the whole forum had to collectively stick their fingers in their ears and hum loudly where new BSG is concerned. I'm honestly surprised they don't ban artwork based on the new series.
Well, I'm not joking.

You're right - I have no problem with shows like the CSI's or Law and Order's showing realistic murder, rape and other example of man's inhumanity to man. Those shows are supposed to be "ripped from the headlines" and fictionalized accounts of real-world events.

Battlestar Galactica isn't. And yet that unrealistically misogynistic one-dimensional anti-American propaganda piece of derivative cliché-ridden alleged science-fiction soap opera you're getting a woodie over has suicide bombers, oppressive occupiers, valiant insurgents who fight the noble fight against the oppressive occupiers...

If it's picked up for a fourth season (God forbid), bet your bottom dollar that Saddam - I mean, Gaius or somebody - gets hung. Refusing a blindfold and defiant to the end. And is portrayed as a good guy.

Great characters? My lily white, they're great characters. They are 100% disfunction and base impulses. Where's the basic human nobility? Where's the military discipline? Where's the humanity? Where's the hope?

And where's the Battlestar Galactica in all this? This is a bleak and unappetizing 90210. This is any LA streetcorner. There is no imagination at work here. Look at the costumes - suits and ties. Names you can pick out of any freaking telephone book. Marlboro's. Present-day American idiom.

The producers don't think you can identify with these people unless they look exactly like you do, talk exactly like you do, and are called "Bill" or "Lee". That, my friend, is an insult to your intelligence, whether you recognize it or not.

Where's the Battlestar Galactica in all this? The Kobollian characters are missing, the names we were familiar with reduced to call signs. The rich human history hinted at throughout the original series isn't there. That's because there are only three things from the original series used here: the name, the genocidal attack, the basic Viper design. That's it. That's all. The rest is a conglomeration of WWII B-movies and adolescent sex fantasies.

I won't get into the bought-and-paid-for "fan base" they manufactured, or the fights they started on purpose.

Do I want to see 1978 again? What kind of an idiot do you take me for? I want to see BSG presented with 2007 storytelling technology, with next-generation CGI. I want to see stories and characters that rise above aluminum cowboy hats and deal with the trials they face.

The basis of the BSG universe was solid, compelling - and thrown away. It could still make for excellent entertainment if somebody would pull their heads out and recognize that what they sat on for so long could make them a lot of money.

Do you think I'm going to sweat a girl called "Starbuck" given all this?

I'm going to invite you to learn more about the original BSG by reading this:

http://www.cylon.org/bsg/1978-intro-01.html

We've got one of the most extensive Battlestar Galactica sections you'll find anywhere - even sites devoted exclusively to BSG don't have what we have at CA.

Sour grapes? No, not by any stretch of the imagination.

And be very, very careful of who you call names, junior.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

P.S. Hey, evil - will you please kill this damn thread before I really get mad?

Visit:
LauretteSpang.com

Dirk Benedict Central

Tombs of Kobol

Last edited by Dawg; December 31st, 2006 at 11:07 AM..
Old December 31st, 2006, 11:34 AM   #14
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, I was considering killing this anyway because it was a pointless thread to start with and (I know I joined in, which I technically shouldn't have) BSG isn't supposed to be discussed on this forum. It was really my bad for not killing this thread from the start, but I'll rectify that immediately.

Closed Thread