Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old December 19th, 2001, 06:42 AM   #1
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Default Starfleet museum

Are there any of the Starfleet ships in the museum that have not yet been modelled? Seems Fabio has done all of them. I am thinking of making my own in order to pit one against my Klingon ship (D3).
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2001, 08:01 AM   #2
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

To my knowledge, no. I have seen all of them done is some fashion by various folks. But... what's stopping you from picking one? I've done ships that Fabio has done as well as Meshula. Go for it!

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2001, 08:42 AM   #3
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I think I will go ahead and pick one like you said. At least there will be a version in trueSpace.
Old December 19th, 2001, 10:50 AM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

tS imports LW, right?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2001, 11:00 AM   #5
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Not sure. I think it imports .3ds files but not .lwo. I will have to check.

I decided to construct the Pioneer class. Looked easy enough. See WIP section.
Old December 19th, 2001, 11:02 AM   #6
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

CmdrSolar and SeanR both have told me tS imports LW.

If that's true, simply import one of Fabs meshes
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2001, 03:48 PM   #7
Masao

Two derivatives of the Valley Forge class (the big cruiser preceding Constitution), the Belleau Wood class and the Siegfried class have not yet appeared as fully rendered models. Also, the movie-era Furious class hasn't been finished.

The ship you've been building I've actually redesignated the D2. it was introduced in 2162, so probably was no longer in service at the time of first contact in 2218 (Not first contact according to Enterprise, of course). You could send it against Romulan ships, which would have included Cabbages and Clavicles from the war and Cataracts, introduced in 2175, and Crackers, introduced in 2201.

By lengthening the neck and forward part of the secondary hull a total of 20 m, you have the D3, which is identical except for the lengthening. It was introduced in 2183, but might have served until first contact in 2218. Fed ships in serrvice at that tie would have included the Moskva, Lancaster, and Hyperion classes. You could also send it against Romulan ships.

As always, I hope to see some fighting between ships of different powers. I actually derive power from hate! BWAHAHAHAHA!
Old December 20th, 2001, 05:18 AM   #8
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I would like to get some fighting scenes, but first need to figure out how to model weapons fire and motion blurs. Never done that before.