Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old October 10th, 2005, 12:15 AM   #1
treklord

QUESTION Anyone know if Animated Star Trek is on?

I used to watch the 1972 Star Trek animated series, and a few years ago, it was shown at 3am on cable. I'd like to find out if it's still being shown somwhere so I can finish taping them; I have the first 12 of the 22 episodes, and hope to complete my collection.
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Aren't they out on DVD now?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #3
ST-Antares Writer
Shuttle Pilot

They are.
ST-Antares Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #4
treklord

I thought they were still only on VHS; I'll have to check into the cost of the DVD version.
Old October 17th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #5
dragonie
Novice

yes, they are out on dvd now, but i dont know the price. but ive seen them because my friend has them.
dragonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM   #6
Northwatch
Shuttle Pilot

Accourding to Amazon, The Animated Series (1973) has not been releasedyet nor do they know when it will be. But they do have the Volumes 3, 5, 7, 8, and 10 on VHS
Northwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:43 PM   #7
Northwatch
Shuttle Pilot

But wait, I just did a search on goggle and came up with 2 sites selling a 5 DVD set of all 22 episodes for $29.95. But this doesn't look like an official release, but someones selfmade DVDs bootleg copies.
Northwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM   #8
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I've got them all on VHS. And no working VCR. So, it's sort of a bittersweet victory.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:51 PM   #9
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5748

Star Trek: Animated - RELEASE DATE, Comments About Artwork, & Thoughts About Old 'Extras' News

Posted by David Lambert.

In the middle of last week, we http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5721 showed off Paramount Home Entertainmet's key artwork for the upcoming (and long-awaited!) DVD release of Star Trek: The Animated Series. Since then we've seen a lot of criticism about this artwork, most surrounding two points: the uniforms (especially the "pirate boots") don't look right, and the Enterprise looks like the film verison of the ship.

At the bottom of this story we have the new key artwork shown last time, and below that we have shots of Paramount's old VHS and LaserDisc releases of ST:TAS. As you can see, the character shots are exactly the same on each of them. So, as silly as the uniforms may seem on that art, it's all been used before...with few complaints (and profitable sales for the studio). As to the design of the ship: yes, it's a new graphic inserted into this composition. I agree it would be better to use the ship pic from the LD cover art; it's more in keeping with the cartoon designs. However, please bear two things in mind: first, that the artwork isn't final and is still very subject to change. Second, that it really doesn't matter WHAT the box art looks like: Trekkies everywhere (myself included) should be dancing around the room naked for shear joy that this series, long considered the bastard stepchild of the Trek franchise, is FINALLY coming to DVD!

And when is that? Okay, enough editorializing: on to the news: Our industry sources tell us that Paramount Home Entertainment has revealed to retailers that the pencilled-in street date for Star Trek: The Animated Series - The Complete Series is:

[font size="5"]November 21st[/font]

Note that this date is still subject to change. Will there be any extras? We don't know. Two years ago there were http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1698 reports of this set being in the works then, "with commentaries from cast and writers". But it was later http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1992 revealed that the DVD plans at the time were those of subscription-club Columbia House. Since then CH has shut down those plans, and indeed shut down their entire TV-DVD subscription program, we're told by members. So this release started from scratch with Paramount Home Entertainment, and we can't count on the special features being included that a separate entity was planning on but never produced. We certainly hope that the extras will be there, but right now we're just not sure.

I'm very, VERY excited about this release (can you tell?), and hope to stay on top of this and bring you all the details very soon now. Stay tuned!

Link to this page: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5748
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:06 PM   #10
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yay!!! Now I'm really running out of reasons to buy a new VCR.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote