Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old June 11th, 2019, 02:15 AM   #1
gmd3d
Admin

Default Blakes 7 Liberator DSV

Recently model Liberator build, from Blake's 7.

background art by Ali Ries, Graham Gazzard, nehas91
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dd678wt-7ede3c24-40a2-403b-8416-c6afc4bb3638.jpg (62.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Liberator Gas Giant pursuit.jpg (57.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Onerous Expanse.jpg (39.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lIB TEST18.jpg (63.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Liber.jpg (132.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg blakes-7 RedORBIT.jpg (61.0 KB, 2 views)

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 04:24 AM   #2
Starship
Starships are my hobby!

Default Re: Blakes 7 Liberator DSV

Good work Ger!!

Personal Site - http://starships.host.sk

My Blog - http://brstarship.wordpress.com
3DS Max user
Starship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:55 PM   #3
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship View Post
Good work Ger!!
damn, cheers mate. sorry only saw this post now.

finished this design
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TEST.jpg (54.1 KB, 3 views)

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:16 PM   #4
ulimann644
Code Blue

I didn´t know anything about Blake´s 7 - but I really like this design and the pic.
ulimann644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:54 AM   #5
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulimann644 View Post
I didn´t know anything about Blake´s 7 - but I really like this design and the pic.
It's a good series, very small budget (BBC)

Four series of thirteen 50-minute episodes were made, and first broadcast in the United Kingdom between January 1978 and December 1981 by BBC1. They are set in the third century of the second calendar (this is mentioned in associated publicity material, not in the series) and at least 700 years in the future. Blake's 7's narrative concerns the exploits of political dissident Roj Blake, who commands a small group of rebels against the forces of the totalitarian Terran Federation that rules the Earth and many colonised planets. The Federation uses mass surveillance, brainwashing and drug pacification to control its citizens. Blake was arrested, tried on false charges, and deported to a remote penal colony. En route, he and fellow prisoners Jenna Stannis and Kerr Avon gain control of a technologically advanced alien spacecraft, which its central computer Zen informs is named Liberator. Liberator's speed and weaponry are superior to Federation craft, and it also has a teleportation system that enables transport to the surface of planets. Blake and his crew begin a campaign to damage the Federation but are pursued by Space Commander Travis—a Federation soldier—and Servalan, the Supreme Commander and later Federation President.

The composition of the titular "seven" changes throughout the series. The initial group—Blake, Vila, Gan, Jenna, Avon and Cally—included Zen as the seventh member. At the end of the first series, they capture a supercomputer named Orac. Gan is killed during the second series, after which Blake and Jenna disappear and are replaced by new characters Dayna and Tarrant. At the start of the fourth series, Cally dies and is replaced by Soolin. After the destruction of Liberator, the computer Zen is replaced by a new computer, Slave, onboard their new commandeered ship Scorpio.

While Blake is an idealistic freedom fighter, his associates are petty crooks, smugglers and killers. Avon is a technological genius who, while apparently motivated by self-preservation and wealth, consistently acts to help others. When Blake is separated from his crew, Avon becomes commander. At first, Avon believes the Federation has been destroyed; he becomes tired of killing, and seeks rest. However, by the middle of the third series, Avon realises that the Federation is expanding again, faster than originally realised, and he resumes the fight. The BBC had planned to conclude Blake's 7 at the end of its third series, but a further series was commissioned unexpectedly. Some changes to the programme's format were necessary, such as the introduction of a new spacecraft, Scorpio, and new characters, Soolin and Slave. Blake's 7 was watched by approximately 10 million people in the UK and was broadcast in 25 other countries

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...KyrnWjFJfXhrq8

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old October 4th, 2019, 05:08 AM   #6
ulimann644
Code Blue

Many thanx Ger.
I try to find it in the WWW and take a closer look at it. Sounds very interesting so far.
ulimann644 is offline   Reply With Quote