Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old March 20th, 2001, 12:53 AM   #1
TheMightySpud
Exec. Producer

Default The Babylon Legacy

Hi all,

This is an outline for a proposed Email Role Play game.

Any comments would be appreciated.

( More info can be found at <a href="http://www.burslem-trust.org.uk/legacy/">The Babylon Legacy</a>

<center>
</center>
It was the end of the Earth year 2281 and all was at rest.

John Sheridan had passed beyond the veil, and the shining beacon in space, Babylon 5, was gone. It's task of creating a lasting peace, passed on to the next.

The Interstellar alliance had survived its turbulent birth and now flourished, hundreds of worlds working together like never before.

The third age of mankind had brought many things, and now, for the very first time, the galaxy was quiet. A golden age of peace reigned supreme.

The next five years would bring many things, but most of all, it would bring together a unique group of people into the middle of extraordinary circumstances.

They would see great pain, joy, loss, life and death, and by the end none of them would ever be the same again, and this, is their story.

---------------------------------------------

"We thought the Shadows had gone forever. We thought we had won. We were wrong, so very wrong.

"A few never answered the Calling. Left still buried, they slept unaware while their kin warred against the Armies of Light - left behind as they were banished beyond the Rim with their enemies, the Vorlons.

"Earth fought a Civil War, and those buried did not stir.

"Telepaths fought 'Mundanes', years passed and still they slept.

"The Drakh unleashed their plague upon the Earth, forcing the bravest and the best of the Interstellar Alliance on a mission of mercy to seek a cure.

"But all the while, they slumbered on.

"It was only until the plague - and the Drakh - were beaten did the sentient races breath a sigh of relief, as at last the Galaxy was at peace - the long awaited Golden Age had dawned.

"Ten years passed, and President John Sheridan, the shining beacon of light in the eternal darkness of space, passed beyond the Rim - his tasks completed, his time up.

"But the Universe has a twisted sense of humour, for this was the moment the sleeping Shadows chose to awake, rising from the ashes of their fallen comrades, like avenging Angels of Darkness.

"Through those who had allied themselves with the Shadows before them, they learnt of the destruction of their homeworld - Z'had'um and the the defeat of their predecessors. Revenge was sworn.

"However, their numbers were few. Although bent on delivering Retribution to those who opposed their breathen, the also knew great caution. Lessons had to be discovered and learnt; new allies forged; plans carefully laid.

"They had slept enough. It was time. Chaos would reign.

"This is the story of the war with the remaining Shadows."

The remaining sleeping shadows have awoken. Aware that their numbers are small, they begin to plan a intricate plan to destroy the ISA and tip the galaxy into one big Civil War....thereby advancing the evolution of the species that survive. And without the First One's, they may very well succeed..........

------------------
"Due to lack of interest, tomorrow has been cancelled"

"If at first you don't succeed.........Improvise"

Lo, so I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them.
In the halls of Valhalla, where the brave, they live.
Forever.

*Ancient Viking War Prayer*

AOL IM : FAdmJarovik
Phoenix Fleet : Project Farside
TheMightySpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2001, 07:52 AM   #2
McC
I have always been here.

YES! BEAUTIFUL! I love it when people realize that it's unrealistic for all of the First Ones to have gone. This is great, Spud!

------------------
MC3D II is coming...
"The fools will indeed inherit the Earth--the rest of us are moving to the stars!"
McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2001, 06:30 AM   #3
TheMightySpud
Exec. Producer

Thanks MrMcC,

I can't take all the credit for this one though, there's a group of us working in the overall concept

Paul

------------------
"Due to lack of interest, tomorrow has been cancelled"

"If at first you don't succeed.........Improvise"

Lo, so I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them.
In the halls of Valhalla, where the brave, they live.
Forever.

*Ancient Viking War Prayer*

AOL IM : FAdmJarovik
Phoenix Fleet : Project Farside
TheMightySpud is offline   Reply With Quote