Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > MOONBASE ALPHA COMMLOCK > Translator Microbes > Site Help and Feedback
Notices
Site Help and Feedback Something on the website giving you problems? Have some feedback to give? This is the place for it!

Old July 19th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #31
Acadia

Everything I've tried to do is posted in this thread.

I'm using Mozilla-Firefox 5.1.04. I've also tried IE 6.

I've turned may firewall off and sat behind my router.

I connected directly to my DSL and left my firewall up and gave the site permission in my firewall options.

I've logged out of the site in 2 different places (link below oval gallery icon. And in the spot showin in the screenshot above)

I've deleted cookies and cache a number of times.

I've closed my browser and reopened it.

I've rebooted a number of times.

I've turned off my ad blocker.

I've checked my computer clock to make sure the date and time are correct.

I'm sure I tried other things but off the top of my head I can't remember. My head is feeling kind of fuzzy from pain meds right now.

Apparently 2 other functions that require a minimum of 5 posts are the ability to view the gallery and post attachments in the forums. Both of which I can do.

My problem is solely with the downloads area. I have more than 30 posts and I still don't see anything other than what I see in that screenshot above.

Someone at Renderosity suggested I write to Warrior and ask him for help. I sent an email and haven't heard anything back from him at all and his PM box is filled so I can't send a PM here. I even left a post directed to him and he hasn't replied yet.

I'm about ready to give up
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #32
pakled

hmm..Acadia, I'm in the same boat, but...
last night I could see the downloads (mainly Lightwave and 3dmax meshes), but tonight
bupkis, nada, nichevaw, rien, etc
I'm using Firefox.
Old July 20th, 2006, 04:35 AM   #33
Acadia

OMG!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see them!!!!

I clicked on the download icon and got to the page and there were pictures!!!!!

Also where it showed only "log out" in the screenshot I posted, it now has "logged in: Acadia".

I'm not sure what happened to allow me to see them today but not before; whether it was something fixed behind the scenes or an ISP cache problem on the part of my ISP, but I'm thrilled!!!

*limps off happily to look around*

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Old July 20th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #34
xantor

It is not working for me now, either.
Old July 20th, 2006, 07:04 AM   #35
xantor

Now the downloads are working for me again, after leaving the site five or six times.
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #36
Acadia

It sounds like it is site related; a glitch of some kind. We can't all be having ISP cache issues (if that is what my problem was)
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #37
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yes, there is a glitch in the downloads area. We've known about it for a while, but I haven't heard of anyone having this much problem. Usually, it works for new members with 5 posts, 10 at the most, but this is ridiculous. I mean, Acadia has almost 7 times the required posts.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #38
joelglaine
Shuttle Pilot

Since five posts, it has worked about 40% of the time, but only at the download page. Man--what an exercise to download a mesh! Oy! I hope it get addressed soon.
joelglaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #39
Acadia

Well, I only managed to get to the download area once, now I'm back to seeing the page that I show in the screenshot above.
Old July 20th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #40
root

I am new here too - and this is a little confusing. . . But this seems to be a wonderful site. I Like the layout.
Old July 20th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #41
Acadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
I am new here too - and this is a little confusing. . . But this seems to be a wonderful site. I Like the layout.
Just keep posting until when you click the oval download icon at the top of the page, you can see images at the page you arrive at. Once you can see images on that page, under "Catatories" you will find the downloads.

After 5 posts, do the following if you can't see the images when you click the download icon.

1. Click "Log Out" that is below the oval gallery icon.
2. Click the oval download icon and then click "Log Out" on that page.
3. Click a link in your bookmarks to leave the site
4. Clear the cookies for 3d gladiators from your browser
5. Return to the site and login.

Hopefully you will see the images in the download area. If not and you get a page that looks like the image I have posted earlier, that means you can't see the downloads. Keep posting and repeat steps 1 to 5.

It took me 33 posts in order to finally see the downloads. Not sure why it took so many. I can see them again after I did steps 1 to 5 above.

This is a really great site and the models are top quality. It's also one of the few sites where you can get Star Trek items, especially the uniforms. Plus as I discovered, the people are really nice I've added the forum to my forums bookmarks and will be a motor mouth here too provided there are threads that I can relate too. I'm not really into the whole sci-fi genre save for Star Trek (except Enterprise, I didn't like that one at all), but maybe I can spark some interest in the writing forum. I love to write... but I don't write sci-fi. My writing is more along the lines of Tolkien style or so I've been told. I hadn't even heard of him when someone told me that. I've now read the LoTR books and I can sort of see a similar style, but he's much more wordy than I am, hehe
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #42
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Dude, am I one of the select few who actually likes Enterprise? Granted, it did a lot of things that didn't mesh with TOS, but it was a lot of fun. I was actually sad to see it go. I wanted to see the Romulan Wars...
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:03 AM   #43
Acadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
Dude, am I one of the select few who actually likes Enterprise?
I watched 2 or 3 episodes and just couldn't get into it. I think it was the guy who was playing the captain that I didn't much care for. It seemed like a miscast role.

Of course I didn't much care for "Deep Space Nine" either, but I did watch it when I remembered to tune in.

I liked TOS, TNG and Voyager.
Old July 21st, 2006, 03:56 AM   #44
joelglaine
Shuttle Pilot

At first, I hated Captain Archer with a passion, but I loved the guy who played Tripp. As time went on and they actually remembered they were in the Star Trek universe, the stories got better. I warmed to Archer over time.

I still hate the theme song with an abidiing passion.

Of course when they did the whole Mirror/mirror universe episode, with full orchestral score, I choked on my pot-roast! LOL

Figures it started to kick butt story wise, so they killed it.
joelglaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:46 AM   #45
Acadia

You hit something there. I didn't get the feel of "Star Trek" when I watched it. It just seemed like a Sci Fi show with nothing special about it. So I tuned out and stayed out.
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:44 AM   #46
jwiest

Thanks for that instruction list on how to do it Acadia. New here, so I've got a few more posts to go before I can try it, but it's good to have that for future reference.

I loved all the ST series'...I just couldn't watch most of the later ones 'cause at first I didn't have cable and got lousy reception on the channels that carried them and then later once I had kids the shows started right as we were trying to get them down for bed. Just didn't feel like watching the last 30-40 minutes of the show and trying to figure out what I'd missed. Someday when I hit the lotto I'll buy 'em all on DVD and have fun catching up.
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:07 AM   #47
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

TOS rules!! It's by far the best, with the plastic models, cheap special effects and props that made appearances regularly on any planet. Then there were the costumes. You can put T'Pol in any skin-tight thing you want, but she never looked better than she did in In a Mirror, Darkly Part 2, where she had the blue TOS miniskirt on. Plus, the characters in TOS are timeless.

And, second in the running is TNG. That one was well-thought and had a lot of great episodes. Plus, they didn't turn it into the futuristic soap opera that the other series were. The stories were awesome, the characters were great and the special effects kicked ass.

DS9 and Enterprise tie for third, in my book. While some of the DS9 episodes were dumb, the characters were great. I liked the way Sisko was more of a "hands on" captain than Picard. You could say or do about anything to Picard and he'd still find a peaceful solution. But, if you crossed Sisko, your ass was toast. Plus, the Dominion Wars made up for any bad episodes (like the wedding one with Worf and Jadzia, that was stupid) and the episodes centering around Quark, Rom and Nog were always good for a laugh.

Enterprise was good, I liked the early days of Starfleet. I thought Scott Bakula did a great job playing Archer and Conner Trinneer did a great job playing Trip and John Billingsley was awesome as the doctor. Plus, Anthony Montgomery was cool as the helmsman (can't spell his character's name.) And Jolene Blalock and Linda Park are just hot and were good characters too. Dominic Keating as Reed took a little longer for me to warm up to than any of the other characters, but I don't know why. I liked the job Jolene did playing the Vulcan whose emotions were a little closer to the surface. Plus, they did some great things like explain why the Klingons looked like humans in TOS.

Voyager is the series I'm least familiar with. I only caught parts of it because where I lived then (and now) UPN is a cable station and I don't waste my money on cable. I had the fortune of living a Ft Bragg while Enterprise was on, and UPN is a local station there. Plus, Enterprise is in syndication now, somthing they haven't done with Voyager. I did see a lot of the episodes with the Borg and thought they turned the Borg into wussies. They had 20 cubes going after one ship that's a little larger than a Connie and couldn't take it out/assimilate it. Yet, they decimated 40 ships in TNG and a whole lot in FC. I did like what I got to see of Voyager, as far as the characters and stories, but I didn't get to see enough, so it's last in my book.
Old January 27th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #48
axeglad

posting test im new =) and cant download
Old March 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #49
ddogstar

Default Noobie

New to all of this and looking for meshes and scripts (all legal only) to do a poser animation.
Old March 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #50
gmd3d
Admin

cool looking forward to see the animations . and welcome ddogstar

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 06:46 AM   #51
Chupacabra555

Well, I hate posting just to post, so here is post #1:laugh:

I'll search the forum to see if there is anything of consequence to add later
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #52
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra555 View Post
Well, I hate posting just to post, so here is post #1:laugh:

I'll search the forum to see if there is anything of consequence to add later
http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=22387
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #53
robin123

I do not see the link at all
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #54
Lee
Completely FUBAR!

Please see Post above you...

Support the Network: 3D Scifi | Framevoid | Scifi'ers Anonymous | Ejected Core |Wolf Den Productions
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #55
jaguarry3
Shuttle Pilot

Stilll drives me nuts
jaguarry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #56
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Because you haven't reached "5" yet.
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #57
jaguarry3
Shuttle Pilot

Do you need 5 or 10 posts to see downloads
jaguarry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #58
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Like I said above: 5.
Old March 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #59
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I think that question was just an excuse to get his 5th post.
Old March 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #60
pakled

land sakes; it's the thread that would not die...
I'll keep my eyes open...