Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old January 20th, 2001, 02:17 PM   #1
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Looks most excellent for a first attempt. Hard to tell with the monitor I am using now, but it probably needs some texture work.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2001, 07:28 PM   #2
meshula
Master Pilot

That's about how detailed mine is too. I found I had to move things around a bit in the shuttlebay to make it have any kind of a logical correspondance to the exterior of the ship. The way the blueprints by Franz Joseph and Matt Jeffries are arranged, the hull has windows that face the inside walls of the bay! I moved things around slightly to line up with the outside.

Hope this is of some use!

The other possibility is that the observation decks line up with the two rectangular windows instead; that would put them too low to match shots from the flight deck. Or, the entire hangar could be scaled down to fit, but then the obs decks aren't big enough to fit a human...

Where it says "ceiling lowered" I left the middle portion high, but dropped the ceiling on either side of the light fixture, where those two big baffles hang down, thus creating two long corridors above the flight deck to account for the window near the top of the hull there. There wasn't enough room on the jpeg to write all that

[This message has been edited by meshula (edited 01-20-2001).]
meshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2001, 10:15 PM   #3
FAdmMinosh

Default Shuttlebay - First Time Attempt

Ok, while doing the shots for the shuttlecraft model I started a little bit of modeling on the shuttlebay. Well, that started the wheels turning in mind head about modeling the shuttlebay completely (at least to my level). Now I just want to warn you all, that this is my first time attempting to model ANY interior. It's not even close to Seanr but here it goes....

------------------
A man's reach should exceed his grasp, for what else are the stars for.

A 3-D Gladiator
<A HREF="http://www.3dgladiators.net/" TARGET=_blank>
3D Gladiators, modeling the TOS world</A>

Visit the FAM Site!

[This message has been edited by FAdmMinosh (edited 01-20-2001).]
Old January 20th, 2001, 10:21 PM   #4
Nayslayer

Way better than I could do. I wish you didn't use LW6. I want the shuttle bay.
Old January 21st, 2001, 07:16 AM   #5
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

You're modeling this into my Excalibur mesh?

------------------
3D Gladiators Project Admin
Poser Space Cadets
Warrior of 3D Art Gallery

"If not for TOS, then there would be no Trek movies, TNG, DS9 or Voyager."

"All I ask is that you read and understand before jumping to conclusions."

"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2001, 01:08 PM   #6
Masao

Very nice.
But I'm wondering if the shuttles are accurately sized. The ones along the back wall are shorter than the doors. Either the doors are very big or the shuttles are small.

I think all the doors should be flush with the floor rather than having a step (the right side one is not). Also, the wall there looks a bit thick. There's a few scenes in Trek where they go through the door to the Shuttle bay (Jouney to Babel, welcoming Spocks folks; and the Space Amoeba episode), and the wall looks like usual thickness with a flush floor.

[This message has been edited by Masao (edited 01-21-2001).]
Old January 21st, 2001, 01:51 PM   #7
FAdmMinosh

To Warrior, I started out using the Excalibur shuttlebay as a base and rebuilt the shuttlebay (e.g. taking the shuttlebay walls a part and rebuilding ect.) It's about 3,500% enlarged but I suppose I could shrink it back down and put into the Excalibur pretty easy though. I'll have to try it.

To Masao, I didn't even notice the shuttle's relationship with the back doors, so I'll fiddle with that. As for the step thing, I have to cut out the doorway, what happened was I was fixing a gap and forgot to cut out the doorways again. As for the thickness, although you can't see it from this angle, the doorways lead into rooms, so what you are seeing is the wall of the room, before it fades into darkness.

------------------
A man's reach should exceed his grasp, for what else are the stars for.

A 3-D Gladiator
<A HREF="http://www.3dgladiators.net/" TARGET=_blank>
3D Gladiators, modeling the TOS world</A>

Visit the FAM Site!