Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old March 19th, 2004, 08:38 AM   #1
F.A.M.
Bad Email Address

3 D CGI Enginnering - Wip

Hello all! It's been forever since I last posted anything here at the Glads board, and I must say I like the new look! Anywise, I've been slowly working on my interiors and have been working at modeling an engineering section for quite sometime now. Now, granted my skilll is nowhere near that of some people (i.e. Seanr, the interior God LoL ), anywise this are just a few wips of the design that I'm doing. I would be grateful for any helpful hints to make this thing better. I still haven't even touched the second floor on this thing yet.....

F.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

It looks pretty good to me, except perhaps for where the warp core disappears into the floor. It looks as though the core is off center compared to the hole.

You might also want to work on getting some chairs in there, and perhaps a "pool table" or some sort of Voyager-style warp core console. Then it's just down to lighting and color decisions.

Just noticed something - the size of the door makes the whole deck seem far too short. Even if the finished product will be open up to the next deck, there should still be about a meter of space between the top of the door and the ceiling.
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:01 PM   #3
F.A.M.
Bad Email Address

Thanks! That's some good tips. I'll get right on that tonight.
F.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 05:50 AM   #4
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Agreed. That core looks like it is boring into the edge. I would build up the edge a little bit where the core disappears into the floor.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote