Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:23 AM   #31
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

I didn't really understand why they were postponing TORCHWOOD to be honest? But it's good that Billie has signed, rumours were floating she was going to leave as well... so woot!!!

And you Americans are stranger :P
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 03:12 AM   #32
jotoki365

Default good news and bad news

Well good news that it's not long till the return of the Doc. Not so good about this damn spinoff thing. Didn't really see the point of captain jack and see even less point in any spinoff featuring him. As for signing DT and BP for 2007. They should wait to see if DT is popular first. It should have been CE signed for this year and next. I think they made a big mistake letting him go whatever the circumstances.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 04:33 AM   #33
Kai
Victorian Engineer

erm... TORCHWOOD is right on time. it's not been postponed at all...
The shakes become a warning
It is by Caffiene alone I set my mind in Motion
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:10 AM   #34
Kakaze

Damn, I thought Billie Piper was supposed to leave during the middle of this series. Great to hear she's going to be back; I really like her as a companion. She has that naivety that most companions have but she's not a screaming bint like most of the female companions have been. She's like a combination of Ace and Leela.

And woohoo! Can't wait for Torchwood!
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM   #35
moovok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
erm... TORCHWOOD is right on time. it's not been postponed at all...
Original plans were for Torchwood to run at the same time as Doctor Who. I think they were right in a way to get rid of CE, yep he was a great Doctor, but they were doing the Doctor Who series for a new generation and they had to show regeneration, they did it well... and DT is a fantastic Doctor so far, if the Christmas Invasion is anything to go by
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:26 PM   #36
Kai
Victorian Engineer

your're a little miss-informed there

here's the original BBC announcement on Torchwood

"Captain Jack gets his own show.

Torchwood will debut on BBC Three late next year. Created by Russell T Davies it stars John Barrowman as Captain Jack.

"Torchwood will be a dark, clever, wild, sexy, British crime/sci-fi paranoid thriller cop show with a sense of humour - the X Files meets This Life," says Russell T Davies.

"It's a renegade bunch of investigators charged by the British government to find alien technology that has fallen to Earth," BBC Three controller Stuart Murphy told The Independent.

The show will be set in Cardiff, and will be 13 45-minute episodes, transmitting between series of Doctor Who. Confirmed writers include Sapphire and Steel creator PJ Hammond."

and "Debut on BBC Three late next year" was always taken as late 2006...
I'm not sure where you got your info.. but it's contray to the BBC, Gallifrey One etc...
Old April 4th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #37
jotoki365

moovok, I gotta disagree, the christmas invasion was pretty average imho. I didnt think DT was that good. He was ok but just doesn't have the presence of CE. As for having to show regeneration.....why exactly ? They need not show it till it's needed. Theres no need to introduce everything in the first series if you intend to continue for more series after that. Theres stuff we'll never know about went on here coz getting rid of CE is a mistake. It'll be interesting how DT works out but based onnthe xmas show, he's not won me over yet. Oh not flaming or anything just having a discussion. My tone can seem harder than i intend at times.
Old April 15th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #38
jotoki365

OMG that was Bl***y Awful. JUst seen the first episode of Series two of Doctor Who.
Spoiler
We had the cast of Cats coupled with special effects that would have been more at home in Captain Zepp (Not many will remember that) than a 21st century Sci Fi show add a Doctor that seems to be portrayed as having some kind of Micheal Jackson'esque God Complex,totally in conflict with all the ideals he's supposed to stand for. Toss in a political agender reguarding cloning and you have a terrible start to Series Two. Thats without the "It's great traveling with you" "Oh you too" cheesyness that was almost the opening line. Things can only get better from here coz I was very close to switching off after 10 only mins

This is of course IMHO as i'm sure others will differ in their viewpoint.
Old April 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #39
Kai
Victorian Engineer

THANK YOU
some of us won't get this until later in the year! please do not post spoilers!
Old April 15th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #40
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

jotoki, please use the spoiler tag in the future.

I edited your post adding it.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #41
jotoki365

Didnt really consider anything I said as spoilers since I didnt give away anything about the story or it's resolution and I didnt even mention the main "Villain" but hey ho
Old June 15th, 2006, 01:17 AM   #42
moovok

Kai - originally the BBC had planned Torchwood to run with Doctor Who, then late 2006 then now next year. That's all I was saying, which came from Russel somewhere.

Anyway, so far I'm loving the series! David Tennant has definately grown from the first episode (which I thought sucked after a good Christmas Invasion). I've really enjoyed most of the episodes this season as well. Can't definately wait for the finalle -

Spoiler
Cyberman supposidly vs the Dalek Empire (which was destroyed - but we don't officially know if Dalek's are appearing, that's just a rumour so far).

EDIT: Some news just come through...

Spoiler
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5082668.stm Billie Piper leaves at the end of the series

Last edited by moovok; June 15th, 2006 at 09:39 AM..
Old July 2nd, 2006, 10:24 PM   #43
Look Behind You

Well as someone from the US who has been a Dr. Who fan for about 20 years, I hope they don't take as long to get season two over to this side of the pond. Season One just finished up it's broadcast run and I can't wait for more
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:57 AM   #44
Giantsquid
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Doctor Who 2005

I am not sure about this website's views on posting links to other sites so...

If one was inclined to go to a website putting 'you' and 'tube' in close proximity in the adress bar- might yield sufficient results as to see entire episodes of Dr Who, and Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures' in 6 chunks of split video... for thos of us who cannot get the shows where we live of course...
Giantsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #45
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Doctor Who 2005

The official policy is this: You can link to all the websites you want as long as it's not you trying to sell crap or other miscellaneous spam-type stuff. (I'm sure there's no need to elaborate on that)
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote