Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old January 18th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #1
thomas7g

QUESTION dumb 3dmax question

I was soneding if any max users out there could help me with a small problem.

I haven't used the new 3dmax, or any since r3. I recently got a chance to do soe work using the latest max. But it has changed alot.

There is a feature I use to use alot to make selections. At the bottom of the screen in the center there use to be this button. With it you could alternate between selection modes. With it on, it would only select objects entirely within a selection marquee. If an object had part of itself lying outside the selection marquee, it wouldn't select. With it off it would select anything the selection marquees border touched.

But its gone! Does anyone know where it went?
Old January 19th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #2
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

It's still there (well, in 4.1). The tool is called Window / Crossing Selection and is an icon found in the lower tray (in the standard or default UI). See attached image but it is so useful that it must be in 5 and 6. If the system you are using has the help files loaded look up 'Window / Crossing'.

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #3
thomas7g

Ah! Thanks for looking that up!

I looked for the crossing tool and now I found it. They moved the tool to the top of the screen!

"You know engineers, they love to change things!"