Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old November 2nd, 2001, 08:36 PM   #1
alial

Default Creating Warp Effects - LW

Well now.. umm.. how do you create waro effects, both parts

Both going into warp, the long stretchy part, and then the view from when the ship is in warp and the stars are going by..

How Do You Do That?
Old November 3rd, 2001, 08:13 AM   #2
Fabio
Lightwave Samurai

You have a variety of options open to you here I reckon...

You could whack the ship miles into the distance over a couple of frames and use the lazy points plugin on it to get the stretch.

you could deform the ship and use it as a morph target - have it first morph to your mega stretched ship and then morph your stretched ship back to the normal one in the distance.

You could try using a deformer directly within Layout

for the warp effects whilst the ship is in warp best way I think would be to build a tunnel of single point poly's - make them luminous (stars essentially) and then move the tunnel of stars and keep the ship stationary.

Two or three tunnels moving at diff speeds would add to the effect each slower moving tunnel sequentially larger than the prior one.

There are no doubt many other methods I can't think of at the moment!
THE ULTIMATE NURNIE COLLECTION Vol 1
WEATHERED TEXTURING
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2001, 12:41 PM   #3
alial

Wow! Thanks Fabio! I guess its time i learned how to use morph targets and all that stuff...

Do you have ICQ juyst incase i need anyhelp... my number is 102188251

Thanks Fabio this is a HUUUGEEEE help!