Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > MOONBASE ALPHA COMMLOCK > Translator Microbes
Notices
Translator Microbes News that is injected into you and colonise at the base of your brain.

Old March 12th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #1
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Default MERLINQUEST ENTERTAINMENT Logo Contest Has Begun!

MerlinQuest Entertainment, the company owned by BattleStar Galactica's Richard Hatch, is looking for an animated opening logo, like those used by Paramount, Warner Brothers, etc. Rather than going to a private company to design this logo, Richard has decided to sponsor a public contest for anyone interested in creating the logo!

The prize: $200 (US) and an autographed novel by Richard Hatch himself!

The entry deadline: May 30, 2004

The rules:

In order to enter, you will need to become a registered user of 3DGladiators - there is no fee required, and it only takes a few minutes. Just click on "Register" in the upper right corner of this page.

All elements of your entry must be made by the artist - NO THIRD PARTY meshes or images!

There is no particular required video format, but it would be in your best interests to make sure your entry has the best video quality possible - make sure that any text is readable. Adding sound is optional, but by no means required.

Final entries should have a running time of no more than 30 seconds.

All entries submitted will become exclusive property of MerlinQuest Entertainment.

And finally, you must include the name of the company, "MerlinQuest Entertainment" in the logo.

For specific entry instructions, just click HERE.

Richard and I hope to see plenty of great entries, so enter now!
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #2
RSA_Blaze

Hey All, I've had a go at doing one of these logo designs. This is NOT the finnished idea, just an example that I think works quite well. Heres a little synopsis of the logo, its a little 19 sec animation of the camera gliding down a water-like tunnel. Theres a few lights moving with the camera which look like blue glowing stars.(Thats where I tried to encorporate the "Magic or Merlin" element.) At the end the tunnel fills with a bright light and fades to black. The the stars begin to dance and form a bright light from which "MerlinQuest Entertainment" appears.

Anyway, I'd like a responce to what you think of it. Unfortunatly I dont have a reliable source to host it so I had to do it at geocities.

www.geocities.com/rsa_blaze/LogoDemo.zip

Blaze
Old March 26th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Blaze, that's rather nice

A bit long in the formation of the MerlinQuest words (the part right before the words appear).

I'd recommend coming up with a better font style to use for the words as well.

But the effects of it overall are indeed nice.

Darrell
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #4
General Phoenix

Very nice start!

I like the tunnel and the dancing lights - I'm sure you're going to replace the text with something done in 3D, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next version.
Old April 9th, 2004, 09:37 AM   #5
RSA_Blaze

Hey All, after going through many different ideas I figured that the first one was the best. So I have done an update to the previous one, see what ya think.

www.geocities.com/rsa_blaze/MQE.zip

Blaze
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #6
General Phoenix

That's pretty good, Blaze.

Any chance of seeing it at a higher resolution? (I'd be happy to host the larger file for you.)
Old April 10th, 2004, 04:21 AM   #7
RSA_Blaze

Sure General, I'll have re-render it all at a higher antialiasing level, but that should only take a few hours. Plus if you can host the file it would be much better than Geocities. Do you have any restrictions on the file size?

Blaze
Old April 10th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #8
General Phoenix

No restrictions on size - just e-mail me the file if possible, or you can catch me on ICQ and do a file transfer (ICQ Number 84333573).

Alternatively, you can PM me when you've got the file ready and we can make other upload arrangements.
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #9
General Phoenix

That's great!

I wonder how it would look with a different font, but I love the hat at the end. Nice touch!

BTW, I've opened an official Entry Thread in the Contest Forum - here's the link:

http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=20907

When you have your final entry ready, let me know, and I'll be happy to host it locally, in both hi-res and low-res versions.