Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old August 30th, 2005, 05:58 AM   #1
Marryx

Default Poser Star Wars Character

Where i can find star wars character for poser ?
Old August 30th, 2005, 05:59 AM   #2
Marryx

or someone have any character ???
Old August 30th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #3
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Can't help you here. I do not use Poser.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #4
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marryx
Where i can find star wars character for poser ?

there are some charakters for old figures, like p4 in here http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/index.asp

as well as ships and stuff

you can also import diverse 3ds and lightwave etc. stuff in poser, but the charakters won't be useful of course, only the ships, houses, platforms and stuff like that, which doesn't have to be bent
Old August 30th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #5
mavek
Shuttle Pilot

After you post to this forum 5 times you should be able to get access to the star wars poser models hosted here. There appear to be a good few
mavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 03:17 AM   #6
migbigmagic

3 D CGI

Poser 'stuff'
An other good source is http://www.renderosiiy.com some star wars and star trek 'things' are there
Old September 11th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #7
shaneramsey

if your over 18 the website raunchyminds has the best vader outfit ever made. it's by ellpro and is designed to fit Mike 3. unfortunetly it does have a heavy requirement for purchased items all of which can be found at daz.com.
the bought items make his boots, gloves, cape and robe. the boots and cape are like 2 buck each if your a member of the daz club. the gloves and robe will set you back about $40 bucks us. the gloves, boots and cape can be easily subsituted with freebies from the net but the robe is not. Phill C does a great princess liea slave outfit for vicky that is for v2 but can be tweaked to v3. i recently did a pic where i put the outfit on stephanie 3. Phill also does a version of the green slave girl dancer from jaba's throne room. the website vanishing point has a stormtrooper out fit with regular texture and a sand coverd version. has the backpack and shoulderpad included. there are also several star wars vehicles on the site also. Sci-Fi 3d.com has tons of buildings, ships and stuff but it's all in lightwave, 3d max and 3ds format so you will need another program to convert it. hope some of this helps.
Old September 11th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #8
BDRichardson

Default Star Wars character

Using DAZ I made an Emperor's Guard. Jerry rigged. Any interest, let me know... bruce@3investments.com
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:29 AM   #9
shaneramsey

i'm interested. any chance of getting a copy of the guard?

Last edited by shaneramsey; September 12th, 2005 at 10:25 AM..
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #10
shaneramsey

i just posted a pic in the star wars gallery of the vader outfit, stormtrooper and liea slave outfit if anybody is interested in seeing what the look like.
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:38 AM   #11
migbigmagic

COOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDRichardson
Using DAZ I made an Emperor's Guard. Jerry rigged. Any interest, let me know... bruce@3investments.com

Isn't every poser-user around the clock looking for new 'stuff'??
I want it
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #12
vulcanis
Shuttle Pilot

If you are using Poser, just think outside of the box. There are many freebies out there. With a little ingenuity, any character is possible for little to no cost.
vulcanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:56 PM   #13
Trish2

OMG the outrageous amount of freebies I've seen for poser makes my head spin. Even so I am still makeing my own textures for stuff I want and don't have.
Old September 25th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #14
sunflower

These links helped me too
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:10 PM   #15
jhmorris8541

Default thanks for the info. good stuff

Thanks for the info. good stuff.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM   #16
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavek
After you post to this forum 5 times you should be able to get access to the star wars poser models hosted here. There appear to be a good few
Thanks for posting that. I almost missed it on my way to posting why no one looked right here at the 3DG Downloads
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #17
Kenzer

There is a lot of great stuff here. And a lot of stuff I haven't been able to find anywhere else.
Hope everyone here keeps up the great work. And with any small amount of luck I'll be posting some "art" here myself soon.
Old October 30th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #18
Revan007

Yeah...there is a lot of nice star wars stuff here and also if you google search you can sometimes find stuff for poser. If you join renderosity you can also find nice free stuff if you do a search under "Star Wars". There is even a mimic-ready upgrade to the Yoda character found here!
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #19
Vagabond Elf

Google pulls too much. A nice sorted thread like this is very useful.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM   #20
jhmorris8541

any other sources out there?
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:35 PM   #21
jhmorris8541

it's very limited. most links refer you back to the same stuff.
Old January 5th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #22
El Magnifico Uno

Royloo at Poserpros.com also has some semi-Star Wars like stuff.. They run about $2.50/each..
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:52 PM   #23
batraymond

try scifi3d.theforce.net
Old February 1st, 2006, 03:39 PM   #24
Vagabond Elf

They've got lots of stuff, to be sure, but none of it in Poser or D|S format.
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #25
melamkish

Hey, everyone.

Just came back since my initial visit to try to post some more. Just got done verifying links for another website. While doing so I did find several with Star Wars and Star Trek stuff, but after surfing through 100 websites in 3 days, I don't remember if the Star Wars stuff was in Poser format or not. I do remember some Poser Star Trek items scattered around. I will go back after me eyes have recoverd and see if I can locate what you are looking for.

I did find R2D2 which can be used with the X-wing fighter, the fighter located at Vanishing Point (link in another post above).

Ellpro's Vader is also available at Vanishing point, and I echo what shaneramsey said about extras. Vader looks funny without his guanlets, and I used a different cape and got it to work. The cape was from DAZ, and I had purchased it previously for other use.
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #26
melamkish

While looking about as mentioned in my last post, here are some sci-fi based Poser items that could be used to help scene building. Not directly SW or ST, but an assortment for your consideration. Joe's 3D Fantasy World's http://www.joes3dfantasyworlds.com/down/downpreview.htm
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #27
chogan67

...looking for some of the same. Thanks for all of the suggestions from all.
Old February 13th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #28
Gargoyle2002

No, DAZ doesn't do any SW-stuff, I guess it is because of license reasons. But there is some great SciFi-stuff which can be used easily for SW images.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:16 AM   #29
razor2810

Default I need Lord Vader

Help!! I'm in need of Lord Vader!! I need it to do my multimedia presentation..The one I downloaded at Vanishing Point is too complicated!!
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #30
Tiburon1186

I was looking for a couple of Jedi to use in lightwave... so if anyone could point me towards that...