Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old May 26th, 2002, 11:34 AM   #1
EBOLII

Default Max surface errors?

How to correct? this?
Old May 30th, 2002, 11:48 AM   #2
Ashrak

post a close up and possibly a wire frame of the areas...kind of hard to tell exactly what you are considering a prob...
Old May 30th, 2002, 01:09 PM   #3
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

I can barely make it out but, yep MAX does that. I have no idea how to get around it though without just adding ploys to the surface you are going to shapemerge. (no help).

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2002, 01:22 PM   #4
Banner

EBOLII:

You are most likely facing smoothing problems. Try selecting the faces involved and add a smooth modifier or use the ones inside edit mesh - make sure if you go with the former then keep subobject open.

If that doesn't help you a thing then yell again.
Old June 6th, 2002, 01:23 PM   #5
Banner

And if you find that the faces and edges aren't aligned properly try, if you don't know it already, to use "make planar" under faces/polys to aligned the selected polys/faces properly - then you won't get that facing issue unless you're not going for a flat look.
Old June 6th, 2002, 01:43 PM   #6
thomas7g

eep.... I know what you did I bet...

When you first started making the wing section you simplified it to just two acets on the top surface didn't you? Then you moved the points aound and now they don't all exist in the same plane.

Now that you've added more detail that error shows up more.
Old June 6th, 2002, 01:48 PM   #7
thomas7g

The solution I would use is to pick a surface one by one and include all the facets for that surface. Then clear all its smoothing IDs and give it a unique smoothing ID. That should solve that.