Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old December 29th, 2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Fëanor

2 D DRAWING Trek and Macross character sketches!

Ello ello

Well, here are a couple of sketches I am working up for characters in a couple of games. Hope ya likes.

First we have Ensign Elissa MacKinnon, Starfleet fighter pilot assigned to the USS Hyperion

And next we have Major Ryoko Jade, Meltrani pilot in the UN Spacy, assigned to one of Eden's planetary defence squadron's

I should be finishing up these 2 pics in short order. Inking and coloring and what not
Old December 29th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #2
thomas7g

Looking pretty good. especially the second much harder pose.
Old December 30th, 2003, 05:21 AM   #3
Proximo

Yeah, there's a lot of life in that one. It could almost be a keyframe sketch from a real show.
Old January 11th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #4
Chris B
The Artist Formerly Known as XmESs
Quote me!

Default Re: Trek and Macross character sketches!

Edit: oh Chris didnt log out again. BRB as sess in a second.
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2004, 07:23 AM   #5
Sess

the 2nd image, the right part of the face (her left cheek therefore) looks too big, too wide actually. It's turned away and should be smaller and yet if you were to measure it, it'd be about the same in width. Either she's got a really malformed face or your perspective is wrong

the first one has her stretched arm drawn too short - if I stand in that position, the tips of my fingers come to about the middle of my thigh, halfway between the hip and the knee, and if you look at length I'd probably have her proportions... so make the arm longer!

practicing my constructive feedback