Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old April 11th, 2002, 01:03 AM   #1
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Default Needed?

Is this forum needed? It's hardly used at all.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2002, 05:51 AM   #2
McC
I have always been here.

I think the concept is sound, but I'm not too sure how many writers we have here. Of those, I'm not sure how many are interested in posting "WiP" work, so to speak. Furthermore, full-length writings take time. People who are interested in writing also find other outlets for it -- role-playing games, for instance. Perhaps expand one of the other forums to include this? Something under the Artwork section, maybe. After all, literature is an artform

Ashes of Alour-Tan | Tutorials | Blog | Facebook | Twitter
McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2002, 11:01 AM   #3
Ryoken3D

It's writing.. one can't expect it to get a lot of use .. So I think we should keep it around...

Ryoken
Old April 11th, 2002, 08:55 PM   #4
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

I agree with Ryan - we can just add a Creative Writing forum under the Artwork heading.

That way, at least we'll get rid of a couple lines that are currently used for the CREATIVE WRITING heading.
Old April 11th, 2002, 09:58 PM   #5
Commodore-SirJohn
Larger than the
average starship
captain

Agreed.

BTW: If anyone is interested in reading episodes of my STAR TREK: TALES OF THE MARSHAL MARTZ fanfic project, you can find the finished ones at www.totmm.com

Old April 11th, 2002, 10:40 PM   #6
chrono

McC makes a good point.
Old April 30th, 2002, 12:16 PM   #7
seanr
ÜberBrückenMeister

I think a large part of the problem here is placement. You've got it at the very bottom spot the page, you can't possibly expect it to do well there because no one will scroll down that far. It really needs to be grouped up with artwork. Instead, you've given all the discussion forums, the contests, and the special projects higher spots. Even the freaking BUFFY forum has more prominence than this one. By the time they scroll that far down the list, they're seeing nothing but junk boards, so they just scroll back up to the art. They never even get far enough to see the writing forum. The higher it is in the list, the more people will see it and the more they'll post in it, that's just a basic advertising fact.
seanr is offline   Reply With Quote