Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old March 29th, 2002, 03:06 PM   #1
chrono

Default Question about posting pictures on a site.

I'm currently building a gallery for images of a nicely low kilobyte size(28-75K). But I'm trying to aim for an audience of across the board users. from Broadband to slow modem stuff.

So, which would be the easyiest yet least time consuming way of posting images? Through a thumbnailed image or just the image itself but restricting the amount on a page to less then 150kb.

Any help would be great because I want to get this gallery site up before sunday and have nearly all of the page and image framework in place.
Old March 30th, 2002, 11:28 PM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

I would use thumbnails, but show the size of the full image below the thumbnail, so the users know in advance what sort of wait they're in for.

That way, the broadband users can get thier big images, and the analog users can plan ahead for longer downloads.