Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old April 22nd, 2002, 05:19 PM   #1
fuzzyslippers

Default The art of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the clones

Okay peeps, just been and bought the book “The art of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones” today
and I must say I’m utterly and complete blown away by the whole book and I urge you all to go buy the book.
The book is an eye-candy feast of beautiful imagery and really is not only for the SW fans every sci-fi fan
should be able to view the wonderful worlds in the book and appreciate the imagination that’s gone into the art for the film.
Highlights of the book included all of the art done by Dermot Power, here’s a sample of a concept of the
Sith villain of the film which later became Lord Tyranus...

in fact I would say that it he’s artwork that dominates the entire book, which is no bad thing,
but I still would of liked to see more of Doug Chiang’s work.
Again Iain McCaig’s character work in incredible to look at and so inspirational, I just love his technique.
Also another highlight is the work done by Erik Tiemens and Ryan Church both mainly doing concept paintings for various moment for the film,
here’s a sample of a pic of a concept painting done by Erik Tiemens for the final battle;

gorgeous isn’t it? And there's is just so much of stuff like this, 500 illustration, 224 pages and the complete script, which thankfully is in it's own
section at the back if you wish to stay spoiller free,
Anyway I’ll stop babbling on, its kinda obvious I think this book is incredible and will serve as inspiration for my designs
for years to come, I just urge you guys to check it out, I’m sure each of you we get something from it,

p.s. didnt know if this should go in the Smörgåsbord or The Book shelf, so stuck it here, please move if mods or admin feel necessary,
Old April 23rd, 2002, 01:22 AM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

The script is included? Wow - I may have to go get it myself.

BTW, I'm moving this to the Bookshelf.
Old April 23rd, 2002, 08:32 AM   #3
Fëanor

OOOO! OOOOO!!! OoOOOOO!!!!!
Old April 26th, 2002, 04:01 AM   #4
Foo

I bought this one aswell..

Some of the pictures, they look like paintings but are actually pretty much all done on the computer in Painter 7..

which I think is really incredible.