Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old September 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Ghostrider114
Shuttle Pilot

Default Help with Poser 4 Downloads

I wanted to use the andorian Character available in the downloads section, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to install it into poser. any help would be appriciated.
Ghostrider114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Is the readme with the file?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #3
Ghostrider114
Shuttle Pilot

forgive my ignorance, but I am fairly new with the program and I just don't quite understand your instructions.
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Ok... I'm going to guess the PCF file is what's confusing you?

You will need an additional little program called Objaction Mover.

With Objaction Mover, you will need to load the ORIGINAL Poser4 blNudeMan_Gen.obj in the seed slot (when you have the program and open it, all will become clear!) The seed file, blNudeMan_Gen.obj, CANNOT have been modified or it will not work.

Some history on why this is the way it is: The original makers of the models for Poser 4 did NOT want their models floating around the web. If people were going to share modifications/changes to the Poser models, then they needed to come up with a way to share them. Objaction Mover was the answer, as you HAD TO HAVE the ORIGINAL model to start with.

So a newbie modeler out on the web could NOT use the converted PCF file, but an owner of Poser could.
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Ghostrider114
Shuttle Pilot

ok, so where do I get Objaction Mover?
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #6
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Should be able to find it at Renderosity in the Freebies area.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM   #7
philgreg

I'm really glad i found this site..i have been looking for something like it for a while.

It's really star wars related stuff I want.

I can find any anywhere though...not for Poser anyway.
Old October 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #8
Fretslayer

I have Poser 6 and 7 and every time I've tried to use the ObjAction Mover program I've screwed up.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I've not been able to use the Trek Tunics (or the TOS movie one) yet.

The sad and twisted thing is that I'm pretty good with MAX, LWO and Carrara and yet I can't figure out the ObjAction Mover program to save my life.

When I have used it I get the following problem - everything appears to have worked but from that point on I can no longer use the P4 shirt that is used for the TOS tunics. They don't import (or convert or whatever it would be called) and from then on I can't even load the prop back into Poser.

If anybody could help me I'd be really thankful.
It's driving me nuts to not be able to use them.
I know the problem is something I'm doing wrong but for the life of me (and after at least 10 to 20 attempts) I cannot figure out what.
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #9
bLuTm8

there are two versions of mover.exe: 1.0 and 1.01 (see the about dialog)
seeded files created with 1.01 will NOT - NEVER - opens in 1.0

--
Decode - that what you interested for ...

1) open mover.exe
2) mark decode (functions)
3) open difference file (*.pcf)
the requested original mesh will be filled with file name (anything.obj) - original seed file box
4) locate this BUT
the name MUST EXACTLY the same (milwoman.obj <> milWoman.obj <> MilWoman.obj)
rename it if its different
5) try convert
6) mostly works

BUT beware, there are some different meshes (versions) around! (DAZ Victoria3 SR1, SR2, SAE for example)
ONLY the used version in the encode process allowed for decode!
if is different, mover will not work or dies
Old October 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #10
Fretslayer

First off, Thanks for taking the time to help.

Having said that...

I'm using ObjAction Mover v 1.01, Poser 7 (as well as 6) D|S 1.7.1.9, LWO v.8.5, 3DsMax v.8 and Carrara v.6.
The file I am attempting to use is the Trek Tunic (available on this site) so I don't think the different versions of the Victoria or Michael mesh would be an issue.

I just tried the steps you gave me and still Poser 7 had nothing when I clicked the Trek Tunic.
When I tried to import the .OBJ file I got an error message that read 'Error Importing Wavefront OBJ'.

When I run ObjAction Mover it says it was successful.
I have done both the encode as well as decode processes.

I'm still scratching my head as to why and if it has anything to do with Poser 6 and 7 using OBZ files instead of OBJ.
In order for ObjAction Mover to see the OBZ file I first have to import it into one of my other suites then export it as an OBJ file.

I am frustrated because I have read the 'ReadMe' files, I'm not exactly a noob with my software and yet I'm making a mistake that a Gomer would make.
I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about just creating a new texture for an existing shirt/prop and just going from there.

The brighter the bulb, the more difficult it is to be in the dark.

Old October 4th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #11
Kai
Victorian Engineer

so I don't think the different versions of the Victoria or Michael mesh would be an issue.

Make sure your using the Right mesh. there's 4 versions of Victoria with V3 having 3 sub-versions alone.

In order for ObjAction Mover to see the OBZ file I first have to import it into one of my other suites then export it as an OBJ file.

don't do that. use the Script provided in Poser 7 to decompress the Object or use Winzip. The method you used could and does change the Object in most cases.
The shakes become a warning
It is by Caffiene alone I set my mind in Motion
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #12
Fretslayer

Kai, Thanks a lot.

Most of my animations are done with Carrara, LWO, and MAX - I tend to use Poser for my character generation needs.
I hadn't though to check out the scripts as they're still quite alien to me.
I'm self taught at all of the software I use and looking at my animations you'd never guess that - it's time such as this when I've hit a wall that my lack of actual training becomes an issue.

Again, thank you for taking the time to help me resolve an issue that was really buggering me up.
Now I just have to go make the tunic so that it conforms to my M3 mesh and I'll be all set.

I have all of the different versions of the Victoria and Michael meshes - I'm a bit of a Dazoholic - LOL!

Thanks a lot.
...really.

Old October 5th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #13
bLuTm8

ok, decode process done ...

to check out what else could be wrong, plz give the link to the download.
i will do some tests with it
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #14
Fretslayer

Thanks bLuTm8 -

I have the issue resolved now - it was just a matter of using the built in script to export the mesh and convert it to an OBJ file.

At this point I just need to rig the prop so that it works with my version of Daz's Michael 3.
The one that I'm messing with at the moment can be found over at the Rederosity site
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/frees...=day&username=

I'm going to check out the one on this site also to see if it's skeleton rig works better with my D|S meshes than the other one.