Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old June 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #1
ghoyle1
Master Pilot

Default Best Star Trek Video Game?

The last Star Trek game I ever played was one of those where you shoot around a 9x9 grid and zap as many Klingons as you can. Since I have some time on my hands this summer, I've decided to try to find one to play. Naturally, this is a subjective matter, but I'd like some input nonetheless.

I'll be playing on a Windows XP machine. I don't usually play video games at all, so I'm looking for something with an easy learning curve. I like TOS best, but other eras would be OK as well. I see a lot of mods for different ships and missions out there, so I'd love to play a game that supports modding. (I'd love to learn to design a ship for modding, in fact).

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Guy
ghoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Lee
Completely FUBAR!

Well, I like Armada2 for the RTS, Tactital simulation would be Bridge commander, FPS the was a voyager Elite force, that was ok...

Support the Network: 3D Scifi | Framevoid | Scifi'ers Anonymous | Ejected Core |Wolf Den Productions
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:42 AM   #3
gmd3d
Admin

Bridge commander was my personal fav ..

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:23 AM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Who needs high tech? The Star Trek: The Next Generation RPG for the Sega Genesis is still one of the best. The SNES game is the same game but with one major difference. The Genesis version lets you save the game on the bridge computer station. In the SNES version, you have to go to a Starbase to save the game and I'd get destroyed while warping to the Starbase to save the game after completing a mission.

Other than that, any of the Starfleet Command games for the PC. They're fun and you can find cool mods for them online.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote