Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Mesh Releases
Notices
Mesh Releases If it's been recently released; it's probably been posted in here! You must be a registered member to view this forum.

Old June 11th, 2002, 08:53 PM   #1
Scott Gammans

Default POV-Ray model of the Starship Enterprise

Now that I have officially stopped working on my POV-Ray model of the starship Enterprise, I've decided to release my work into the public domain. If you wish to create your own CGI Enterprise adventures using the best freeware raytracer in the world, here is the POV-Ray 3.5 project source:

starship_enterprise_v1.00.zip

Permission is hereby given to use these POV-Ray scene files free of charge for any NON-COMMERCIAL purpose, provided that credit is given to the author, William Scott Gammans. Commercial use is prohibited by the trademarks and copyrights of Paramount Pictures Corporation. Non-attributed use is just plain bad manners; your mother didn't raise you to be a thief.

These project files are provided on an AS-IS basis. Please don't write to me asking how to use POV-Ray, but if you have any legitimate questions or comments, you may send me an e-mail at povray-enterprise@scottgammans.com.

Why did I release the model, especially after saying several times that I wouldn't do it? Well, for one thing Aldiwahn Teerodi has been after me to do a POV-Ray tutorial, but frankly I just don't have the time between summer vacation, art school, learning LightWave 7.5, AND my day job, so I figured that aspiring POV-Rayers might at least glean some crumbs of knowledge by studying my meager efforts. I still fully expect that some lazy and/or dishonest persons out there will take these files and create art from them without giving me credit, but I've come to the realization that (a) I can never make any money off of this thing anyway and (b) I'd really like to see what some talented POV-Ray artists will do with my beloved starship.

Keep on Trekkin'.
Old August 14th, 2002, 04:45 PM   #2
michaelfaries

Thank you, Scott, for believing in the non-commercial, public domain model. It does work -- and it will be nice to try out this POV-Ray NCC-1701 file of yours.

Michael
:colwar:

Last edited by michaelfaries; August 15th, 2002 at 02:26 PM..
Old August 14th, 2002, 09:14 PM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Scott, that is just too damn awesome

Now I'll have to re-install POV Ray!
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote