Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > MOONBASE ALPHA COMMLOCK > Translator Microbes
Notices
Translator Microbes News that is injected into you and colonise at the base of your brain.

Old March 18th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #1
gmd3d
Admin

Default Costner confirmed for Superman

Breaking News

Costner confirmed for Superman

16 mins ago

Director Zack Snyder has confirmed reports Kevin Costner has signed up to star in a reboot of the Superman franchise.

The Bodyguard actor was rumoured to be taking on the role of Clark Kent's father opposite new Man Of Steel, Henry Cavill.

And now Snyder, who is taking on next year's Superman: Man Of Steel film, has revealed Costner has agreed to the project.

He tells Total Film, "Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman.

"Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest superhero of all time."

Diane Lane will play Superman's mother, Martha Kent, who adopts the young hero when he lands on Earth in a rocket.

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Costner confirmed for Superman

This is smelling more like a reboot to me than what they claimed they were going to do, which was continue Richard Donner's storyline from Superman and Superman II. That's the only reason I can think of to have Jonathan Kent in there, since he died in the original movie. It should be interesting.
Old March 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

COOL Re: Costner confirmed for Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
This is smelling more like a reboot to me than what they claimed they were going to do, which was continue Richard Donner's storyline from Superman and Superman II. That's the only reason I can think of to have Jonathan Kent in there, since he died in the original movie. It should be interesting.
It is a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Director Zack Snyder has confirmed reports Kevin Costner has signed up to star in a reboot of the Superman franchise.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #4
tgep

I did watch Superman Returns and thought it was pretty good. They should have stuck with the direction they were headed instead of going for a reboot like JJ Abrahms did with Trek.

My eyes still hurt from all those lens flares.
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #5
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yes but, unlike Star Trek, comics see regular reboots. It's been happening for decades, their stories get stale and dry up and they eventually start anew. Comic movies are the same. After all, the Batman franchise has been rebooted on film a few times. Marvel has also done some reboots, including the upcoming Spider-Man film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
It is a reboot.
Dang, I somehow missed that part on Ger's post. I guess that's what I get for speed reading. (it's a handy skill that sometimes comes back to bite me in the butt )
Old March 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #6
DantesGambit

Kevin Costner is that a good thing? He has displayed a habit in the past of overthrowing the other talent. Didn't he get some of Alan Rickman's scenes cut from the original RH movie?
Still if the movie is up to the level of Superman Returns I'm all for it.

Uh hi by the way, my first post here (^_^)!
Old March 18th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #7
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Welcome to the site.

I don't know if Costner is a good thing or bad, I'll have to see it to be the judge. I like him in some of his other movies.
Old March 19th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #8
gmd3d
Admin

welcome ........ does Costner even have the same star clout he would have had at the time of RH ...... I like him as an actor... but Rickman did up stage Costner , most bad guys do imo

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old March 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #9
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I don't think he's as popular as he was several years ago, if that's what you're asking. A lot of his biggest hits were in the '90s, most of the stuff he's done since then haven't fared quite as well. He also directs, though, so he might have kept busy on personal projects. Apart from Supeman, he has a movie in pre-production that he's directing and something else. As far as where he sits on the star meter, though, I don't know.

Edit: I just looked at IMDb and Viggo Mortensen is rumored to be playing General Zod. Granted, it's just a rumor and it's not necessarily going to be him but that's another interesting pick. Clearly, whoever is financing this film at Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures isn't worried too much about the casting budget, they're signing some heavy hitters to this film. It will be interesting to see who they cast as Lex Luthor.

Last edited by evil_genius_180; March 19th, 2011 at 08:55 AM..
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #10
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
I don't think he's as popular as he was several years ago, if that's what you're asking. A lot of his biggest hits were in the '90s, most of the stuff he's done since then haven't fared quite as well. He also directs, though, so he might have kept busy on personal projects. Apart from Supeman, he has a movie in pre-production that he's directing and something else. As far as where he sits on the star meter, though, I don't know.

Edit: I just looked at IMDb and Viggo Mortensen is rumored to be playing General Zod. Granted, it's just a rumor and it's not necessarily going to be him but that's another interesting pick. Clearly, whoever is financing this film at Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures isn't worried too much about the casting budget, they're signing some heavy hitters to this film. It will be interesting to see who they cast as Lex Luthor.
yeah thats what I was thinking ... some of his films I like ,, he was always watch able in every thing he has done..

Viggo Mortensen as Zod would be interesting as for a lex Luthor .. I hope its not another Lex story . a minor part from him would suit me..

Kevin Spacey never really made Luthor worth watching for me
great actor but not the right one.. imo anyway.

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old March 19th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #11
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Sorry, but if this is truly an early Superman story, showing his origins and when he started out, Lex Luthor almost has to be a main character. He's Superman's main nemesis and almost always shows up early in the Superman story. He sees Superman as an obstacle in his quest for world domination and begins plotting to kill Superman very early on.

Kevin Spacey is an excellent actor and I liked him as Luthor. But I loved Gene Hackman as Luthor. He's been the best person thus far to play the role, IMO. (though, I haven't seen them all, he's Gene Hackman, he's awesome )
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #12
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
Sorry, but if this is truly an early Superman story, showing his origins and when he started out, Lex Luthor almost has to be a main character. He's Superman's main nemesis and almost always shows up early in the Superman story. He sees Superman as an obstacle in his quest for world domination and begins plotting to kill Superman very early on.
in that case yes... but the luthor angle is getting tired now at least if they used another character from the DC universe like Zod it will be more interesting..

Quote:
Metallo: Former mercenary John Corben was transformed into a powerful cyborg with a heart of kryptonite. He seeks to use this power source as the instrument of Superman's downfall.
would be a fav of mine to have a punch up with ...

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old March 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #13
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I agree, it would be nice to see more than Luthor. He could always be plotting against Superman in the background while Superman is fighting some other enemy in the foreground. That's been known to happen from time to time.
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #14
gmd3d
Admin

Quote:
I agree, it would be nice to see more than Luthor. He could always be plotting against Superman in the background while Superman is fighting some other enemy in the foreground. That's been known to happen from time to time.
yes,,,,, I think in the animated show in the 90s ?? Luthor conned John Corben into becoming Matello.. not sure of that
but I like that angle....

I would like to keep the other alien the likes of Zod for a later film ... where you see Super battle an altered human first .. save the day .. where every one goes wow .... then the like wise powered where people go ... WOW!!

That kind of stuff .....

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old March 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #15
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

This story is supposedly based on a "reboot" origin story that appeared around 2000. Clark ventures to Africa prior to becoming Superman. The movie supposedly will focus on that aspect.
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #16
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
This story is supposedly based on a "reboot" origin story that appeared around 2000. Clark ventures to Africa prior to becoming Superman. The movie supposedly will focus on that aspect.
Old March 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #17
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Superman: Birthright is the comic storyline/origin I was trying to think of.
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #18
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I'm strangely compelled to check this out now. I might have to hunt down the graphic novel (I'm sure there's one) and read it.
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #19
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I would just like to point out that the picture of Kevin from Waterworld in the first post is really starting to freak me out, especially since it's there every time I load the home page.
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #20
gmd3d
Admin

lol ..... scary guy

Handy Links

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Old March 20th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #21
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

COOL Re: Costner confirmed for Superman

Quote:
I would just like to point out that the picture of Kevin from Waterworld in the first post is really starting to freak me out, especially since it's there every time I load the home page.
Simply reply to one of the other News threads to move them up on the front page
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #22
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Sure, that will work. Until someone posts in this one again.
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:35 AM   #23
Jedman67
Photoshop Wizard

Quote:
Definitely an interesting change. Im getting almost sick of these reboots that keep trying to tell the same story with just a few minor variants. Bring some originality, people! SR had Lois falling for someone else after Supes abandons her (it didnt work as well as it could have, but it was a good idea)

Try something a little different (not too much, you dont want to piss off the fans) but try writing for an intelligent audience. And for petes sake, no lens flares, minimal explosions, please!