Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old December 17th, 2002, 05:05 AM   #1
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Default What's everyone up to?

How are you guys doing? Busy with the Christmas season?

You guys know any good web hosting sites that are free/cheap? I can't post anything anymore because AOL's servers are very slow as of late, which is one reason I have not posted anything recently. Another reason is that I am building AMT's fiber optic Imperial Star Destroyer. It's been over three years since I built a plastic model, so I thought I would start with something relatively simple.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:16 AM   #2
scaramanga
Flight Instructor

I'm just hoping that I'll survive my last exam tomorrow (also the reason of my lack of posting)
scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 03:54 PM   #3
Masao

Exams! Ha! I don't take 'em, I give 'em! (Actually, you have my profound sympathies.)

Since I'm not traveling, am finished teaching for the year, and have bought and sent all my christmas presents, it's pretty much clear sailing until January. This will give me time to finish up some schematics.
Old December 18th, 2002, 06:55 AM   #4
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Good luck on that exam. I know it can be a trying time of year.

What about you, Thomas (both of you). You guys handling the Christmas season ok?
What are some of the items you guys have on your lists?
Old December 18th, 2002, 04:07 PM   #5
Hito
Kokujin no samurai

I'd love to get one of those Bose wave radios for my room.
Man they have such a smoothe sound for such a little unit.

Hey any DVDs on the lists for this year?
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2002, 04:16 PM   #6
Masao

My list included the Attack of the Clones, the Back to the Future Trilogy, and Minority Report. I got the first two as presents but will have to buy the third myself. Anyone getting Trek stuff?
Old December 19th, 2002, 04:54 AM   #7
scaramanga
Flight Instructor

Ok, prolly screwed for exams, I'll have the results tomorrow :'(

anyway,I got myself an mp3 mini-stereo, DVD Directors cut of Star Trek TMP, Star Trek WOK and Supernova
Old December 19th, 2002, 05:41 AM   #8
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Hito, I have never heard the Bose wave radio. How good is it?

Masao, I have no specific DVDs on the list. Just got Tron a few months ago and that was about it. Nothing Trek specific unless I see some models at the local hobby shop. I bought a second Reliant kit to complement one I built a few years ago. Going to add lighting if I have enough material left over from the Star Destroyer currently being constructed.

Scara, what kind of stereo is it? One of the portable jobs, or are we talking a bookshelf system? I have an old Rio PMP300 (32 MB). Bought a 128 MB Smartmedia card off of EBay only to find that it is not supported by the PMP300.
Old December 19th, 2002, 06:35 AM   #9
scaramanga
Flight Instructor

http://www.audio.philips.com/found.a...&AbsPosition=9 this is the one
Old December 19th, 2002, 08:26 PM   #10
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Howdy Ho guys! You may not have noticed but I've been gone since Sunday! We had a big storm here, a typhoon remnant hit up with an Alaskan storm and BOOM. We had two days of intense rain with 80 mph winds. A tree in the front yard blew down and ripped the electrical meter and ATT cable off the wall. PGE don't fix that so an electrician had to get it done but he had to wait for a lull in the storm. He got done last night and PGE and ATT just got everything back about an hour ago.

Trying to warm the place back up, it's been 42 degrees in this house for three days. (ya get icicles were you shouldn’t ). Man am I glad, we just got another storm in (Alaskan front) and it has snowed at sea-level here!

My ex has a Bose 1-2-3 home system and it is fantastic. We watched Jurassic Park on it (our personal favorite for testing DVD stuff) and the sound was outstanding. Now she needs a better TV.

Nothing on my list, I am too impatient and just get things when I want them. Well, maybe a 5.0 upgrade for MAX.
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2002, 07:59 AM   #11
scaramanga
Flight Instructor

Well
Survived most of my exams except 2
Mathmetics: a sorry 36/100 score
and dutch: 48/100 (stupid analyzing of poems kicked my ass)

interrestng to know I've got 91/100 for networking
85/100 for Multimedia
70/100 for java
86/100 for history

Last edited by scaramanga; December 20th, 2002 at 08:02 AM..