Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:10 AM   #1
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

ANGRY Despicable!

This is totally despicable!

http://blogs.rgj.com/poweron/2008/07...l-waiting.html
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:35 AM   #2
ulimann644
Code Blue

Default Re: Despicable!

If this is really not a fake - it´s unbelievable... I was totally shocked to see this...
ulimann644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:13 AM   #3
Fëanor

Saw that on the news last night. I am totally disgusted by it. I cannot believe all of those people just ignored her while she DIED in front of them. Its completely and utterly disgusting. I don't know how ANY of those people can live with themselves after watching that woman die. None of them, NONE of them lifted a damn finger to help her when she was obviously in trouble. And it was in the emergency room of a Hospital! Where the hell were all the doctors and nurses?!?!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM   #4
Lee
Completely FUBAR!

That is just unbelievable. What the hell is this country coming to... I can't believe that people are THAT callus and jaded...

Support the Network: 3D Scifi | Framevoid | Scifi'ers Anonymous | Ejected Core |Wolf Den Productions
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:45 AM   #5
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I didn't look at the video because YouTube crap takes way too long to load on my connection and never displays correctly on my system but I remember hearing about this on the news when it happened. If you ask me, the people who just sat there and let that woman die (especially the ones who work at the hospital) should be charged at least with negligent homicide. That's just uncalled for. I don't care how busy the ER is, someone there had to be able to realize what was happening and that that woman needed immediate help.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 02:28 PM   #6
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

It's not YouTube.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM   #7
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

The video in the blog is hosted on YouTube.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:10 PM   #8
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Ah. The vid itself you were referring to. I thought you meant the YouTube SITE.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:15 PM   #9
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, I should have worded that better.
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:25 AM   #10
jrofeta

It is hard to blame the doctors and nurses, if it is anything like here in Australia they often have a lot to do with not enough time or staff. It seems you hear on the news of some poor woman having to deliver her baby in the bathroom of a hospital because they don't have enough staff/beds.

It is also a sign of this generation and how we don't care about others as much as we really should. A woman had a stroke or a fit at a very busy bus stop next to a university in the middle of semester back in 2006 and she was on the ground for over 2 hours before someone helped her.
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #11
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrofeta View Post
It is hard to blame the doctors and nurses, if it is anything like here in Australia they often have a lot to do with not enough time or staff. It seems you hear on the news of some poor woman having to deliver her baby in the bathroom of a hospital because they don't have enough staff/beds.
It's easy to blame the doctors and nurses in the United States because they have enough of a staff and plenty of beds. The problem here is that, unless you're brought into the ER by an ambulance, they don't pay much attention to you at first. They basically tell you to fill out a bunch of paperwork and wait in line, no matter how serious your case is. It's really ridiculous, since the person working the reception desk has to be a certified nurse and should be able to tell the difference between a real emergency and the person there because he or she is running a slight fever. They're just too wrapped up in their messed up system to even bother paying attention to the people that come into the ER.
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #12
KlingonGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
It's easy to blame the doctors and nurses in the United States because they have enough of a staff and plenty of beds. The problem here is that, unless you're brought into the ER by an ambulance, they don't pay much attention to you at first. They basically tell you to fill out a bunch of paperwork and wait in line, no matter how serious your case is. It's really ridiculous, since the person working the reception desk has to be a certified nurse and should be able to tell the difference between a real emergency and the person there because he or she is running a slight fever. They're just too wrapped up in their messed up system to even bother paying attention to the people that come into the ER.
I have seen this first hand just as you discribed it. My ex had a head injury and because I brought her in instead of the Ambulance they practically ignored her. I nearly got kicked out of the ER for arguing with them to look at her to determine whether or not she was in any imediate danger.
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #13
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

One of my friends where I used to work many years ago had an accident at work where he was carrying a huge pot of 350 degree (Fahrenheit) fryer oil for disposal and wound up taking the whole contents of the pot to one of his legs. (he slipped or something) So, he had 2nd and 3rd degree burns all down his leg. As we all know, if you don't treat burns right away, the risk of permanent damage becomes more likely. So, he went down the street to the biggest hospital in the city and went into the ER. Despite having those horrible burns, they didn't care, they just gave him the forms to fill out and told him it would be about a 2 hour wait. (probably wouldn't have gotten to him before the guy in there with a slight cough and runny nose) So, he went to a much smaller hospital in the suburbs and they had real nurses working in the ER that realized the severity of the accident and got him immediate treatment. That's why I'm never (unfortunately) surprised by anything that happens in a big city hospital in the U.S. Our health care system leaves much to be desired.
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #14
KlingonGeneral

Yes me too...I have noticed that most hospitals are very callus and all we are are a bunch of numbers.
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #15
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, sort of like the military that way...
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #16
KlingonGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Yeah, sort of like the military that way...
OMK you could not have said it better than that.

(For those who may not know OMK is Oh My Kahless)